T/O # 4700 Promotional Exam

Figured why not make a thread for this. I'm sure there are a few C/R who took this test that are still active in the forums. 

12 hours ago, Apes said:

Figured why not make a thread for this. I'm sure there are a few C/R who took this test that are still active in the forums. 

And bus operators too lol.  Answer key is out. I got a 95. I don't know how to calculate the seniority points. It wasn't a bad test.  

Interesting thing is the proposed answer keys came out pretty fast. Does that mean we will get an established list quick ? And eventually appointments dates quick ? 

11 hours ago, Moody said:

And bus operators too lol.  Answer key is out. I got a 95. I don't know how to calculate the seniority points. It wasn't a bad test.  

Interesting thing is the proposed answer keys came out pretty fast. Does that mean we will get an established list quick ? And eventually appointments dates quick ? 

Yeah test was pretty easy, basically an Open Competitive test. I hope we get a list quick, I know once they mail us our list number and score the appointments shouldn't be far. TSS and supt's are saying the process will be quick but we'll see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2024 at 12:02 AM, Comrade96 said:

got 58/60 correct, which puts me at about a 96-97 Im just hoping the list gets established soon and Ill be called before the end of feb next year

From what I understand. Train operator 7604 exam ends in September 19 this year.  Once that list is over, the other new list which should be this list (4700) goes out of established. But I don't know when the list will be established. And I don't know if they'll extend 7604. 

But from what I saw the last time they had a promotional train operator list they did it very quick. I did some research on the time scale. There's actually a thread discussion from the last promotional exam. 

2 hours ago, Moody said:

From what I understand. Train operator 7604 exam ends in September 19 this year.  Once that list is over, the other new list which should be this list (4700) goes out of established. But I don't know when the list will be established. And I don't know if they'll extend 7604. 

But from what I saw the last time they had a promotional train operator list they did it very quick. I did some research on the time scale. There's actually a thread discussion from the last promotional exam. 

I really hope they dont extend the OC again, Im trying to be called by the end of feb optimistically cause im trying to plan something at a certain time next year

And if im still in schoolcar by the time that happens id have to cancel those plans

3 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

58/60 as well. I’ve had it up to here with these “customers” I hope it doesn’t take long for them to establish the list & start calling. 

good luck brother, maybe we'll be in the same induction class

• 1 month later...

The official site says

"Candidates who have passed the exam and meet the qualification requirements are added to a hiring list, which can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to create after the final date of the exam.  

Candidates will be notified of their placement on the list when the list is established for use. The hiring list is valid for up to four years from the date it is established."   

3 hours ago, Andy1 said:

The official site says

"Candidates who have passed the exam and meet the qualification requirements are added to a hiring list, which can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months to create after the final date of the exam.  

Candidates will be notified of their placement on the list when the list is established for use. The hiring list is valid for up to four years from the date it is established."   

so the earliest it could be established is around mid august approximately 

• 1 month later...

Why would someone go back to their previous title if this is what you want to follow? I imagine is hard at 1st...

Does it get any easier? Would you be able to pick a good run with time? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2024 at 1:14 PM, Comrade96 said:

I really hope they dont extend the OC again, Im trying to be called by the end of feb optimistically cause im trying to plan something at a certain time next year

And if im still in schoolcar by the time that happens id have to cancel those plans

The next T/O class is in October so it would be a very good time to get rid of that old test and start with the promotional. That OC test has been extended long enough. If you have plans you could always hold off on going through the process and once your plans are finished put your name back on the list. But it's looking like October for the promotional.

6 minutes ago, JJ2021 said:

The next T/O class is in October so it would be a very good time to get rid of that old test and start with the promotional. That OC test has been extended long enough. If you have plans you could always hold off on going through the process and once your plans are finished put your name back on the list. But it's looking like October for the promotional.

Eh I will cancel my vacation and take them in days later if I gotta, the promotion is more important

and I really do hope the promotional gets established so they start calling us in october

37 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

Eh I will cancel my vacation and take them in days later if I gotta, the promotion is more important

and I really do hope the promotional gets established so they start calling us in october

Somebody wrote in the 7604 forum that Transit sent that list back to DCAS so I think that list is done but you never know.

29 minutes ago, JJ2021 said:

Somebody wrote in the 7604 forum that Transit sent that list back to DCAS so I think that list is done but you never know.

Yeah see if I knew what exactly that meant then thatd be great but I dont

Quick question.... pay wise.... would you be able to make a decent living as a T/0? 

it also sucks to be at the bottom of the last exam. waiting for almost 8 years only to be left out ....

I got 95% in the promotional I think, not sure if the challenge or not some questions. 

6 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Quick question.... pay wise.... would you be able to make a decent living as a T/0? 

it also sucks to be at the bottom of the last exam. waiting for almost 8 years only to be left out ....

I got 95% in the promotional I think, not sure if the challenge or not some questions. 

I mean the starting pay is ~40/hr right now so Id say so

• 5 weeks later...