Another derailment, this time on the F

44 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Did someone put a curse on the subway? 

I'm sure NTSB won't be happy for getting called back a second time in less then a week.

NTSB might as well move into 2 broadway, didn't they say they came for the (1) derailment because of safety issues like the track worker dying etc?

1 hour ago, BreeddekalbL said:

NTSB might as well move into 2 broadway, didn't they say they came for the (1) derailment because of safety issues like the track worker dying etc?

From what I heard on this forum and the NYCRail Reddit forum, the NTSB came because there have been many accidents within the MTA system.  The NTSB wants to investigate what the root cause is of all these accidents.

1 hour ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

From the looks of it, thankfully people seem to be alright. Definitely bad optics though with the last derailment occuring less than a week ago. 

I'm assuming last nights downpour had something to do with this?

Even if it were the rain, wouldn’t there be some sort of safety measures during extreme weather conditions??

2 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

From the looks of it, thankfully people seem to be alright. Definitely bad optics though with the last derailment occuring less than a week ago. 

I'm assuming last nights downpour had something to do with this?

Let's wait and see what transit determines to be the cause.

It could be a multitude of factors

1. operator error (speeding)

2. Faulty track placement (probably from a weekend GO)

3. weather related slip-slide or other track condition

4. Improper maintenance of the train

5. maybe vandals had messed with this train earlier and then was “cleared” to continue service even though it should have gone to the yard

6. faulty signal caused it to activate the brakes on a car

7. maybe the train was scheduled to head to the yard after that last trip it was running anyways and just didn’t make it.

Edited by darkstar8983

6 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

Service to Coney Island has been restored with trains using the SB track in both directions.

That can’t be great for rush hours… I’m assuming they have to turn some at Avenue X too to avoid congestion.

13 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

5. maybe vandals had messed with this train earlier and then was “cleared” to continue service even though it should have gone to the yard

Supposing this were the case… if this doesn’t bring down the ban hammer of justice on the miscreants, nothing will…

16 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Let's wait and see what transit determines to be the cause.

Bill pay some of these armchair RTO folks no Mind...

Notice this incident happened on the Line i work on and I'm not saying anything so dont anyone ask me..

Let some folks believe what they want..

Edited by RTOMan

On 1/10/2024 at 3:07 PM, Arrow III said:

From what I heard on this forum and the NYCRail Reddit forum, the NTSB came because there have been many accidents within the MTA system.  The NTSB wants to investigate what the root cause is of all these accidents.

They cited the trackworker dying as one