MTA inefficiency and Waste

BrooklynBus

23 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

This article should be filed under “Random Bus Threads”, NOT UNDER NEW YORK CITY SUBWAY! 

It discusses inefficiency and waste through the MTA, Buses as well as subways, so it could be filed under either. 

I mention the employee suggestion programs which were a great opportunity to reduce costs without impacting service. Some departments were very ameniable to suggestions such as where I worked, the Central Electtonics Shop which approved like 50 suggestions each year of the hundreds submitted. Employees felt that nine months was too long to wait for a response, so we started our own program which I oversaw. Although we could not give employees more than $100, still many suggestions were approved saving many thousands of dollars. 

Operations Planning on the other hand, rejected virtually ever suggestion submitted, and only approved three per year because of their arrogance that they have all the answers. During my final year I submitted about sixty suggestions, all of which were rejected, most with non-sensical reasons. There was a useless rubber stamp appeal process. I have about 300 pages with suggestions and responses. 

Edited by BrooklynBus

Let me guess.... The answer is yet another forensic audit of the MTA.

Of course, every politician and every advocate who has ever demanded a forensic audit of the MTA has subsequently refused to release the results of said audits. (Maybe that's because they show how much the MTA has to reimburse the state for all those audits!)

6 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Let me guess.... The answer is yet another forensic audit of the MTA.

Of course, every politician and every advocate who has ever demanded a forensic audit of the MTA has subsequently refused to release the results of said audits. (Maybe that's because they show how much the MTA has to reimburse the state for all those audits!)

Remember when the IG showed all the corruption involved for 2 Broadway? He was immediately replaced.