Train Operator Exam # 4605 (Open-Competitive)

25 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Yes,

and they don’t do background checks until your list number is called.

I don’t know how this (mta) process goes but I understand how a process should work if that makes sense, you said “they”, try emailing them back with your first paystub you ever got to the current or last that meets the requirements and email every address that associates to MTA’s career or HR.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, BayArea said:

I don’t know how this (mta) process goes but I understand how a process should work if that makes sense, you said “they”, try emailing them back with your first paystub you ever got to the current or last that meets the requirements and email every address that associates to MTA’s career or HR.

I screenshotted at least 2 copies of my income statements from IRS website regarding the UPS job I held for more than a year dealing with customers, which one of them said year 2017 and other one said 2018. I don’t know if they will hold superiorly along with a lawyer. 

Good morning guys. I think I f**ked up...I'm literally on the train @ 3am nodding off going into work and I am thinking to my self ..there was something I was supposed to do.. my eyes pop open and I almost jumped out of my seat ..yep I forgot to submit this yesterday. I submitted it the first time. But does anyone know if there is  a number or email I can use to contact them? 

Edited by Tryinta

Does anyone know where to find the list number? After taking the B.O. exam they sent me an actual letter with my list number and when do show up for the first processing. But Ive not heard from them regarding this exam. And yes I do have a high score. 

Hey anyone know when the next test will be or an estimate time! I’m currently 17 becoming 18 in January I should’ve taken the test because I’m about to be 18 but I said to myself not to because I need my drivers license and stuff and a full time job which I’ll have by the next test 

8 hours ago, jayE said:

Hey anyone know when the next test will be or an estimate time! I’m currently 17 becoming 18 in January I should’ve taken the test because I’m about to be 18 but I said to myself not to because I need my drivers license and stuff and a full time job which I’ll have by the next test 

You got years before the Next Test...

At least 4 maybe 5 like another poster said.

On 8/20/2024 at 5:16 AM, Tryinta said:

Good morning guys. I think I f**ked up...I'm literally on the train @ 3am nodding off going into work and I am thinking to my self ..there was something I was supposed to do.. my eyes pop open and I almost jumped out of my seat ..yep I forgot to submit this yesterday. I submitted it the first time. But does anyone know if there is  a number or email I can use to contact them? 

Same - was away on vacation and completely forgot to fill this out prior to the deadline. I submitted the form originally before taking the test, and tried emailing examsunit@nyct.com, but no responses yet. Would this void our application?

I attended the protest session. There were not a lot of people there. I don’t know if that’s a good sign or a bad sign. The administrator in the room said the session was supposed to be full. He mentioned that there was a large number of test takers that requested to attend. But almost nobody showed up. Including me, there were maybe like only 5 or 6 people there. The room was practically empty. Very surprising. Even if you did well on the exam, why not attend to try to bump up your score? It can’t hurt. But anyhow, I took the test in the AM morning session on May 18th. I got 4 questions wrong out of the 60 for a score of 93%. So I ended up seeing that 2 out of the 4 questions, I could not protest. You either get it right or wrong. I messed up on those. Very pissed. The other 2 questions I thought were opinionated. So I protested those 2. I think they were questions 15 and 29. If they overturn them, I could get my score bumped up to a 95% or 96%. I’m hoping for the best. People have been saying, unless you get at least a 95%, then you will not get called. Therefore I need those 2 answers to be corrected. Otherwise, I suppose I’m screwed.

On 8/29/2024 at 9:42 PM, CP96 said:

Same - was away on vacation and completely forgot to fill this out prior to the deadline. I submitted the form originally before taking the test, and tried emailing examsunit@nyct.com, but no responses yet. Would this void our application?

I wouldn't think so. I emailed them twice. The first time I don't think they understood what I was asking. But based on the response I believe we have to wait until they go through all the education and experience info submitted. If then they mark us ineligible we appeal since we have turned it in already. So stick close to this thread..your email ..mailbox.. or whatever they use to contact you over the next few years just in case they skip us. I think we'll be alright.

Yeah, you better hope I did a good job protesting. Because there were not too many other people protesting to rely on. I did my best to overturn those 2 answers. But if you got other questions wrong, it’s anybody’s guess if they were protested by the other participants that showed up. Otherwise, those answers you got wrong, will stay wrong. I don’t know if some people were confused with the emails from the MTA regarding the protest process. Maybe that’s why a lot of people didn’t show up. People like me received one email to respond, and then a second confirmation email was sent with the date and location. I think the administrator said it could take up until around May or June of 2025 to get a final score and placement. No idea why it takes so long. 

Edited by Dave123

On 8/15/2024 at 5:58 PM, vance said:

You are correct.  I also got the email and I got 6 wrong. However,  I was unable to open the form from my email.  I called them and they said they would get back to me.  The woman I spoke to told me that they are inundated with work right now.   She said they are in the process of hiring 2,000 bus drivers.  Does anyone know if this is the same form they sent us in May?

Hey, what phone number did you call? I was away on vacation and missed the email. Thank God for this thread or I might've never seen it at all. 

I got a perfect score on the exam and would be so pissed if this DQ'd me

On 9/3/2024 at 10:26 PM, 9thWonder said:

Hey, what phone number did you call? I was away on vacation and missed the email. Thank God for this thread or I might've never seen it at all. 

I got a perfect score on the exam and would be so pissed if this DQ'd me

I wrote this a few days ago but because of registration it delayed it. 

Update: they got back to me and refreshed the form. God is good!

19 minutes ago, 9thWonder said:

Wait. You missed filling out the form and they refreshed/sent a new one? 

What number did you call? I only emailed and was told to wait until they are done going through them.

I only got 3 wrong for reference.

On 9/6/2024 at 8:50 AM, 9thWonder said:

I haven’t received a response from anyone, just auto-responses. Is there an email or phone number that I can call to speak to someone?

NYCTA Employment Center    347-643-7413  9AM-4PM.   I called this number for an issue and I was on hold for about 5 minutes before I spoke with someone.  Email is : employment center@ nyct.com.   Include your applicant ID# in the email.  Good luck.

On 9/1/2024 at 9:54 PM, Dave123 said:

I attended the protest session. There were not a lot of people there. I don’t know if that’s a good sign or a bad sign. The administrator in the room said the session was supposed to be full. He mentioned that there was a large number of test takers that requested to attend. But almost nobody showed up. Including me, there were maybe like only 5 or 6 people there. The room was practically empty. Very surprising. Even if you did well on the exam, why not attend to try to bump up your score? It can’t hurt. But anyhow, I took the test in the AM morning session on May 18th. I got 4 questions wrong out of the 60 for a score of 93%. So I ended up seeing that 2 out of the 4 questions, I could not protest. You either get it right or wrong. I messed up on those. Very pissed. The other 2 questions I thought were opinionated. So I protested those 2. I think they were questions 15 and 29. If they overturn them, I could get my score bumped up to a 95% or 96%. I’m hoping for the best. People have been saying, unless you get at least a 95%, then you will not get called. Therefore I need those 2 answers to be corrected. Otherwise, I suppose I’m screwed.

Dont Know about that i got a 94...

22 years 11 months later still here!

On 9/6/2024 at 9:11 AM, Tryinta said:

Wait. You missed filling out the form and they refreshed/sent a new one? 

What number did you call? I only emailed and was told to wait until they are done going through them.

I only got 3 wrong for reference.

They refreshed it. Email them again at examsunit@nyct.com

Let them know how important this is to you and make sure to include your applicant ID number. I'll be praying for y'all. If it wasn't for y'all in this thread I'd have totally missed it.

On 9/7/2024 at 10:33 PM, vance said:

NYCTA Employment Center    347-643-7413  9AM-4PM.   I called this number for an issue and I was on hold for about 5 minutes before I spoke with someone.  Email is : employment center@ nyct.com.   Include your applicant ID# in the email.  Good luck.

Was able to speak to a rep today, hopefully able to get a response back

On 9/8/2024 at 8:45 AM, 9thWonder said:

They refreshed it. Email them again at examsunit@nyct.com

Let them know how important this is to you and make sure to include your applicant ID number. I'll be praying for y'all. If it wasn't for y'all in this thread I'd have totally missed it.

That was the email I used. They told me I had to wait until they were done going through them all. I guess it's time to send a dozen more.. hoping I get a different person reading them. -_-