Train Operator Exam # 4605 (Open-Competitive)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/19/2024 at 2:55 PM, Steve said:

Keys for 6-8 & 6-9am have been released.

got a 95 (3 wrong)

hopefully the protest session bumps me a bit

Did you get an appointment? I filled the form and also emailed exams protest over a week ago and heard nothing back.

8 hours ago, jlmachv said:

Did you get an appointment? I filled the form and also emailed exams protest over a week ago and heard nothing back.

I sent an email to the exam unit requesting the date of the protest session, I also have not heard back

21 hours ago, Steve said:

I sent an email to the exam unit requesting the date of the protest session, I also have not heard back

They just sent me the below email:

Please be advised that the protest session for this exam has been postponed until all the answer keys for this exam are made available. you already completed the form, do not fill out the form again. Once all the answer keys are available. A new protest date will be established, and you will receive a confirmation email.

4 hours ago, jlmachv said:

They just sent me the below email:

Please be advised that the protest session for this exam has been postponed until all the answer keys for this exam are made available. you already completed the form, do not fill out the form again. Once all the answer keys are available. A new protest date will be established, and you will receive a confirmation email.

Noted, is the a form I had to fill out? I just emailed the exams unit 

Hey everyone, finally got my results and just got 2 wrong so I should be pretty high up on the list.

Question for those familiar with the hiring process.

I remember reading something about how they tend to DQ people who have a larger neck size due to sleep apnea.  I'm a big guy (6'3-6'4" and between 350-400) and know my neck size will be an issue. and I have sleep apnea as well.   However I do recall reading about how there is a way around this to be hired if you have a doctors note showing that you can be cleared for hiring.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Thanks.

8 hours ago, prefire19 said:

Hey everyone, finally got my results and just got 2 wrong so I should be pretty high up on the list.

Question for those familiar with the hiring process.

I remember reading something about how they tend to DQ people who have a larger neck size due to sleep apnea.  I'm a big guy (6'3-6'4" and between 350-400) and know my neck size will be an issue. and I have sleep apnea as well.   However I do recall reading about how there is a way around this to be hired if you have a doctors note showing that you can be cleared for hiring.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  Thanks.

Get a note from your doctor and make sure you have documentation of how long you use the machine each night.

It has to be a print out dont even bother showing them anything on your Phone. Or saying "Here's a Link to see it"...

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an email from transit and they want me to complete another Education and Experience form.  I already completed and submitted that same form back in May before we even got to the written exam.  For some reason,  I am unable to download it either on my cell phone or laptop.  Please let me know if anyone else got this form and is having trouble downloading it.  They want it completed by Aug. 19th.

19 minutes ago, vance said:

I just received an email from transit and they want me to complete another Education and Experience form.  I already completed and submitted that same form back in May before we even got to the written exam.  For some reason,  I am unable to download it either on my cell phone or laptop.  Please let me know if anyone else got this form and is having trouble downloading it.  They want it completed by Aug. 19th.

I got the same form today as well. 

no problem opening it, filling it out again. I guess they really don't want unqualified people to get list numbers

(edit: i would like to note they aren't doing this for the conductor exam, I'm not sure how of note that is)

Edited by Steve

16 hours ago, mastap123 said:

Do they want you resubmit your education and experience again 

Speaking of that I received an email yesterday asking for education, DL, education, and work experience. Everything must be completed by Aug 19. I’ve already did this prior to taking the test so idk the reasoning for doing it again. 

So apparently not everyone got the email yesterday.  It seems like only those who scored the highest did.   I know 9 people who took the test, and only those who got 3 wrong or less got the email.   The other 6 didn’t get the email and they got 4 wrong or more on the test. 

Edited by prefire19

You are correct.  I also got the email and I got 6 wrong. However,  I was unable to open the form from my email.  I called them and they said they would get back to me.  The woman I spoke to told me that they are inundated with work right now.   She said they are in the process of hiring 2,000 bus drivers.  Does anyone know if this is the same form they sent us in May?

1 hour ago, 2 Train Master said:

When you copy the link in the email you are copying a period at the end. Just remove the period and press enter in the browser

Thank you.  I'll give it another try.

I need to appeal a DQ letter I received from NYCT regarding a position I took an exam for and applied. Does anyone have quick help/advice they can give me please? They said I didn’t meet minimum work experience requirement, but I did and went over the minimum work experience that they were looking for. I even marked it down on the EE form so I don’t know how they couldn’t have catched it. Any insights is helpful and appreciated! I have 30 days to file an appeal with the NYC commissioner.

Edited by 2ride

32 minutes ago, 2ride said:

I need to appeal a DQ letter I received from NYCT regarding a position I took an exam for and applied. Does anyone have quick help/advice they can give me please? They said I didn’t meet minimum work experience requirement, but I did and went over the minimum work experience that they were looking for. I even marked it down on the EE form so I don’t know how they couldn’t have catched it. Any insights is helpful and appreciated! I have 30 days to file an appeal with the NYC commissioner.

Just a hunch, I think they also look for a certain kind of employment first too even tho it doesn’t say it in the notice maybe I’m wrong.

14 minutes ago, BayArea said:

Just a hunch, I think they also look for a certain kind of employment first too even tho it doesn’t say it in the notice maybe I’m wrong.

The position that I applied for in related to the DQ letter was station agent. I marked down about 2 years of customer service experience with UPS and about a year of experience working at an Amtrak/NJ Transit train yard 

2 hours ago, 2ride said:

The position that I applied for in related to the DQ letter was station agent. I marked down about 2 years of customer service experience with UPS and about a year of experience working at an Amtrak/NJ Transit train yard 

I had some CS as well, did your position include behind the register work as well like money counting and anything to do with money especially if you were a shift lead or supervisor or do you have any criminal background of any sort regardless of how long ago on your record ?

3 minutes ago, BayArea said:

I had some CS as well, did your position include behind the register work as well like money counting and anything to do with money especially if you were a shift lead or supervisor or do you have any criminal background of any sort regardless of how long ago on your record ?

Yes,

and they don’t do background checks until your list number is called.