Train Operator Exam # 4605 (Open-Competitive)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, DEE123 said:

Which question?

The one where a passenger was asking when the next express was, and then it gave the time of the next local, it was a time calculation question 

29 minutes ago, Steve said:

The one where a passenger was asking when the next express was, and then it gave the time of the next local, it was a time calculation question 

I don’t remember that one. 

I did my test yesterday, this exam was definitely easier than the last TO and it’s much shorter and tolerable than the conductor exam I did a month ago.😂😂 I feel like they asked some questions twice and I think for one of the questions the answer could be B or D. If there’s anymore test at the school just Uber it, take the Q or b100. Don’t bother drive. Also don’t arrive the time it says in the test. There’s a line wrapped around the building you’ll be standing there forever and a day if you arrive early. Stay at the front of the school where the bus stop and wait there as the line starts moving and move when the last person is entering.😂😂😂 or walk outside the line and wait, that’s what I did. The invigilator gave me seat 1 and told me to use the elevator to 5th floor, I charged my phone and did my test I was the first one out. I definitely guessed on those 5 track questions. For the girls pee before you go and if you need to pee after the test just go all the way to the first floor. Where we enter the building. That high school is a doozy. 

• 3 weeks later...

on the answer sheet paper they’re telling me to protest by today in the afternoon the latest, but what am I going to protest if I don’t know which question I have wrong 🤷‍♂️

16 hours ago, MsRoze83 said:

When do we get our official results???

If I understand the process correctly (and if I get something wrong someone correct me) at some point after the protest session thell send your official score and list number

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2024 at 3:15 PM, BayArea said:

Does anyone see the answer sheet out ? That website on the paper isn’t working and I don’t see an updated one on the other website.

Has the answer sheet been posted yet 

On 6/29/2024 at 1:31 PM, Steve said:

If I understand the process correctly (and if I get something wrong someone correct me) at some point after the protest session thell send your official score and list number

You are correct.  However, they must also calculate in legacy points and veterans points and add them into the final grades.  It can take awhile.

1 hour ago, mastap123 said:

Has the answer sheet been posted yet 

No.  As of today,  July 9,  the answers are still not available.  There is no further mention as to when the new release date will be.

16 hours ago, vance said:

No.  As of today,  July 9,  the answers are still not available.  There is no further mention as to when the new release date will be.

The exams unit said July 11 after 3pm

Posted (edited)

They just made an update there’s a technical error that they will try their best to have the answers available by next week.  

I highly recommend you guys become a bus operator or do another exam for NYC transit and start your pension time now because the old list from 2017 still hasn’t been exhausted, and there’s a promotional list that needs to be exhausted before this list. By the time you guys, get emails for appointments, years already passed where you could’ve had the opportunity to take a promotional exam for the position you’re in. You’ll be in a much more stable position, and your circumstances might change to where you cannot afford 2 years on the extra list. And if you live in Staten Island and you have to travel to Brooklyn, leave work in the Bronx, to come back to Brooklyn to get your car to be back at work like 8 hours after getting home. I hear it can happen sometimes  A lot of dispatchers, superintendents, and high ranking management in Buses told me that they originally planned to be an T/O and either tried it out, or were already promoted before they were called in and they’re happy where they’re at. I just got into the next sanitation class so I’m out of here. 

Edited by DEE123
Added information