C/R Exam # 4600 (Open-Competitive)

NJMike73

44 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Getting the job is fine with us, but how are we suppose to work with all the crazies/psychos out there?? I hear about conductors getting assaulted sometimes and there’s barely any police on the trains to protect us.

You do what you gotta do....

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 2ride said:

Getting the job is fine with us, but how are we suppose to work with all the crazies/psychos out there?? I hear about conductors getting assaulted sometimes and there’s barely any police on the trains to protect us.

This should have been something you thought about before paying money to take the exam. 

On 6/10/2024 at 3:20 PM, Steve said:

Can Someone reply to this message when 4-28 AM comes out? Thanks in advance

The key is out....

10 minutes ago, Trainsallday1 said:

This should have been something you thought about before paying money to take the exam. 

The key is out....

I did take Station Agent 3607. I’m just waiting for my list number on that now like everybody else. 

How will you personally tolerate sociopaths as a conductor when they call you?

5 minutes ago, Steve said:

So with only 2 Wrong, thats a 98 (rounded from 97.5) If the process move fast things are looking good (I think)

But how do you know if they round it or not?

2 hours ago, Whatshisface said:

I don't know if that's true, I reread the Veterans Credit portion and it doesn't say you need to have enlisted in New York for it to apply. It just says you need to be a New York resident when you apply for the extra credit.

2 hours ago, Whatshisface said:

I don't know if that's true, I reread the Veterans Credit portion and it doesn't say you need to have enlisted in New York for it to apply. It just says you need to be a New York resident when you apply for the extra credit.

I used my 5 veteran's points years ago on another exam and was told at that time that you needed to be a NYS resident at the time of enlistment into the armed forces.  It was a long time ago so you might be right and perhaps the requirement has changed.  Either way times have changed and there are not that many veterans like there were back then so I don't believe there will be as many as there were in years past.  If you score high enough it is advisable to save your vets points for a promotional exam, assuming of course you get in the door first.  

12 minutes ago, vance said:

I used my 5 veteran's points years ago on another exam and was told at that time that you needed to be a NYS resident at the time of enlistment into the armed forces.  It was a long time ago so you might be right and perhaps the requirement has changed.  Either way times have changed and there are not that many veterans like there were back then so I don't believe there will be as many as there were in years past.  If you score high enough it is advisable to save your vets points for a promotional exam, assuming of course you get in the door first.  

I heard conductors can get promoted to safety advisor for trains or train operator. Safety advisor (the guys who make weather announcements and all of that).

39 minutes ago, 2ride said:

I heard conductors can get promoted to safety advisor for trains or train operator. Safety advisor (the guys who make weather announcements and all of that).

valid promotion paths for conductor include

train operator

tower operator

ATD

18 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

valid promotion paths for conductor include

train operator

tower operator

ATD

There are guys who sit inside a computer booth at a station and make train announcements or weather announcements. What do you call them? I know they’re not station agents. 

1 hour ago, 2ride said:

There are guys who sit inside a computer booth at a station and make train announcements or weather announcements. What do you call them? I know they’re not station agents. 

I think theyre called dedicated announcers or something like that.

IMO one of the most boring assignments down here

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

I think theyre called dedicated announcers or something like that.

IMO one of the most boring assignments down here

The way that I’m seeing it is that ATDs need to have good leadership skills as I’ve looked through the job description.

Edited by 2ride

So how do protest work. If a question has a better answer do both answer stay or only the revised answer stays and the score change for everyone?

Also, got a 93. If anyone is working for the mta and scored around a 93 how long did it take for you to get called?

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Bx6Select1010 said:

also can someone give a run down on how does the protest session works and the process lol

Providing you have your Candidate's Record of Answers with you, when you arrive at 149 Pierrepoint Street, and, after you get situated in the classroom, they will give you a copy of the same multiple-choice examination that you took, the memorization booklet, and a copy of the proposed answer key. In addition, they will also give you "blank" Protest sheets to fill out as well. The Protest session is to argue verbally, on the "blank" Protest sheets, why your answer is better than the proposed answer for the questions that you got incorrect during the civil service examination.

Hope this helps.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Providing you have your Candidate's Record of Answers with you, when you arrive at 149 Pierrepoint Street, and, after you get situated in the classroom, they will give you a copy of the same multiple-choice examination that you took, the memorization booklet, and a copy of the proposed answer key. In addition, they will also give you "blank" Protest sheets to fill out as well. The Protest session is to argue verbally, on the "blank" Protest sheets, why your answer is better than the proposed answer for the questions that you got incorrect during the civil service examination.

Hope this helps.

If protest allows another answer to be correct, do we lose points for the original answer or they will just make it 2 right answers?

Edited by 2ride

14 minutes ago, 2ride said:

If protest allows another answer to be correct, do we lose points for the original answer or they will just make it 2 right answers?

if a question can have 2 answers correct theyll have it so that both of them would be correct and whoever chose the other one will now recieve an extra point or 2

4 hours ago, 2ride said:

4 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

if a question can have 2 answers correct theyll have it so that both of them would be correct and whoever chose the other one will now recieve an extra point or 2

Depending on the situation, they may throw out the entire question. If that's the case, then all four multiple choice answers (A, B, C & D) would be correct.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Depending on the situation, they may throw out the entire question. If that's the case, then all four multiple choice answers (A, B, C & D) would be correct.

@Comrade96

On the last conductor exam (2017), how many questions were protested successfully or none were protested successfully?

Edited by 2ride