C/R Exam # 4600 (Open-Competitive)

NJMike73

9 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

welcome to "dealing with DCAS"... leave you expectations at the door. 

MTA is taking over more of the hiring processes now not sure if DCAS is involved...

If they are looking at least 2 years before they get this list together its for a reason...

Ah yes the Contract expires in 2 years too..

Heh and then the games will begin....

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will still be awhile before the list is established and our official final grades and list numbers to be established.  They still have to calculate veteran points and must also figure in the protests to some of the exam questions.  I have no idea how long that will take.

3 hours ago, vance said:

It will still be awhile before the list is established and our official final grades and list numbers to be established.  They still have to calculate veteran points and must also figure in the protests to some of the exam questions.  I have no idea how long that will take.

I’m not sure what kind of experience MTA management had prior to working for MTA. If they’ve been doing this for a long time now, they should know better that delayed services are unacceptable to customers.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 2ride said:

I’m not sure what kind of experience MTA management had prior to working for MTA. If they’ve been doing this for a long time now, they should know better that delayed services are unacceptable to customers.

welcome to how everything in the city works 

Youll live...

Edited by Comrade96

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 2ride said:

dawg we are not customers, we are aspiring employees

Edited by Whatshisface
wrong word

On 6/12/2024 at 3:52 PM, Whatshisface said:

dawg we are not customers, we are aspiring employees

Check answer key site again, I think they’ve been released now… finally thank goodness.

3 minutes ago, 2ride said:

I’m not going to reveal my score over here, but all I will say is that I did well enough to get called. See y’all on the job!

congrats 

Dont count your chickens before they hatch

6 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

congrats 

Dont count your chickens before they hatch

The only problem is I don’t know how many veterans there will be ahead of me because they get additional points for serving in the military.

5 minutes ago, 2ride said:

The only problem is I don’t know how many veterans there will be ahead of me because they get additional points for serving in the military.

theres also the other factor, the earlier you applied for the test the lower your file # will potentially be

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

theres also the other factor, the earlier you applied for the test the lower your file # will potentially be

Really? I was told something different. You just need to have filed to take the exam before the deadline and it doesn’t matter when you filed it. What matters is the score — this is what I was told by somebody who works for MTA.

Edited by 2ride

17 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Really? I was told something different. You just need to have filed to take the exam before the deadline and it doesn’t matter when you filed it. What matters is the score — this is what I was told by somebody who works for MTA.

I could be wrong but I believe when you applied only works for breaking ties. For example if two people both got a 97 then the person who applied first would have a better number.  

I got three questions wrong but I'm going to try and attend the protest session for question 49 for the 4/28 PM session 

6 minutes ago, Trainsallday1 said:

I could be wrong but I believe when you applied only works for breaking ties. For example if two people both got a 97 then the person who applied first would have a better number.  

I got three questions wrong but I'm going to try and attend the protest session for question 49 for the 4/28 PM session 

You and comrade both are addressing good stuff over here. I have the same thought as you guys as well. I believe a tie breaker is rather by SSN. But I’ll ask for us tomorrow during the daytime. No one is working now.

28 minutes ago, Trainsallday1 said:

yes thats precisely what it mainly works towards

13 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

yes thats precisely what it mainly works towards

Getting the job is fine with us, but how are we suppose to work with all the crazies/psychos out there?? I hear about conductors getting assaulted sometimes and there’s barely any police on the trains to protect us.

1 hour ago, 2ride said:

I got 6 wrong so I figure my score is 92.50%.   Honorably discharged veterans get an extra 5 points added to a passing score and disabled vets get 10 points.  However, the veteran must have entered the U.S. military as a NYS resident at the time of his or her enlistment.

35 minutes ago, vance said:

However, the veteran must have entered the U.S. military as a NYS resident at the time of his or her enlistment.

I don't know if that's true, I reread the Veterans Credit portion and it doesn't say you need to have enlisted in New York for it to apply. It just says you need to be a New York resident when you apply for the extra credit.