2/5 Train Fire Problem

mark1447

I was just on my fav line. I was at Atlantic, was waiting for the <5> Bronx Express, when the announcement went out saying an investigation in the bronx, no (2)/(5) from E180th and 3rd Ave in BOTH directions, the (5) turned at atlantic, here comes another (5) ran normal, until I woke up at the NB 149th street (4) platform

the announcer comes out saying a Debris and Fire at simpsons street.

All passengers needed to take the (2) to 3rd ave for the Bx21, 15, 19, 4, 41 and 55LTD. Or grab the (4) for the (:(/(D) to 205th or bedford for the Bx28, 30 and 16. So I took the (2) it terminated at 3rd ave and went back into service.. we hit simpson i smell smoke and firefighters there, we turn on southern blvd, till a chubby T/O standing in the a cab saying he sees the place where the fire was at, in a pet shop/store

man this is a crazy day.. why didnt the control center set up shuttle buses like they do sumtimes (If thats what they do)

anyone else was in this problem

btw service is back with delays

I needed to use the 5 to get to my evening auto repair course. Since it wasn't running I had to take the 4 to 149 street and walk. At 149 street there were hundreds of screaming, confused, and frustrated commuters. They all tried to cram on the Bx19. $3 for BS service.

What you expect, it's rush hour! A lot of people get's mad whenever things screw up no matter how well it was told! I won't go ahead and say BS service because a line shuts down. Things happen a lot and the best thing to do is to just try your best to handle the rough situation.

I heard announcements being played at a few manhattan stations I went to and I found the instructions to be pretty good and it came out loud and clear. I also see that many people would not listen to announcements regarding about where they going only to find out when they get to a certain point and start making a fuss over nothing. If people pay attention to the announcements ahead of time before getting to a certain point, they would be better prepared!

If people pay attention to the announcements ahead of time before getting to a certain point, they would be better prepared!

Are you suggesting people listen/read to announcements? :) This is like the woman standing in Jamaica asking me why the train doors weren't opening. She wasn't too pleased when I showed her the two spots that said "No Passengers".

• 3 months later...

Archived