MTA DOB manager keeps blow up doll in this vehicle "for the company"

trainfan22

mta-hov-cheat-33.jpg?quality=90&strip=al

mta-hov-cheat-34.jpg?quality=90&strip=al

Surely, he can’t be serious.

An MTA manager claims an inflatable doll that’s been riding shotgun in his Kia Telluride is there “for the company” — and not to skirt HOV restrictions, as his coworkers suspect.

Giulio Divirgilio, a general superintendent at the MTA Buses department, pulled into his Brooklyn office building early Wednesday morning with the blown-up dummy plopped in the front seat like “Otto Pilot” in the 1980 comedy “Airplane!”

Confronted by The Post outside the East New York building, Divirgilio denied he had the inflatable suit-sporting businessman in tow to illegally cruise in lanes reserved for high-occupancy vehicles.

“I don’t use it for the HOV,” the $122,000-per-year government official insisted. “I use it for the company.”

Pressed whether the dummy’s express purpose was in fact to cheat the HOV, Divirgilio replied: “Have I ever lied to you?”

The answer is likely yes, according to his coworkers.

“It was weird when we saw that thing [in his car] in the morning. Why would anyone have that there except to do HOV stuff?” said one Buses employee who requested anonymity.

One union official said, “It’s unbecoming of a manager. We laugh, but what else is he doing in secret that we don’t know about?”

https://nypost.com/2021/12/15/mta-manager-seen-using-blow-up-doll-in-attempt-to-skirt-hov-laws/

Edited by trainfan22