NICE to get 60 Gillig buses to replace Orions

Lawrence St

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Are NICE buses owned by Nassau County or Transdev?

I would think Nassau County owns them, doesn’t really make sense for Transdev to own them, right? Just paid to operate and maintain it?

7 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

I would think Nassau County owns them, doesn’t really make sense for Transdev to own them, right? Just paid to operate and maintain it?

The County is cheap enough that it might force Transdev to own the buses — which would allow Transdev to keep the buses if the County chooses a different contractor.

1 hour ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

The County is cheap enough that it might force Transdev to own the buses — which would allow Transdev to keep the buses if the County chooses a different contractor.

Why would it be any cheaper than the County owning them and having Transdev maintain and operate them? I'm sure the County knows they're SOL if they ever choose another contractor and Transdev knows what's at stake and can arbitrarily raise their prices if they also own the buses. 

• 2 months later...

Announcement was made at this months community meeting the other day that Option Order #2 has been exercised for 41 Units. Delivery is expected between this November and March 2025 replacing the Orion VII 3Gs. Should be numbered 2119-2159 and have a photo attached if anyone's interested.  https://photos.app.goo.gl/4cHW4BdQWAR5L8647

Edited by Railfanner Jake

21 minutes ago, Railfanner Jake said:

Announcement was made at this months community meeting the other day that Option Order #2 has been exercised for 41 Units. Delivery is expected between this November and March 2025 replacing the Orion VII 3Gs. Should be numbered 2119-2159 and have a photo attached if anyone's interested.  https://photos.app.goo.gl/4cHW4BdQWAR5L8647

Yeah. I posted it on the random thoughts topic.