Artics to the Q12, B38, Bx35 and other schedule changes

Union Tpke

On 8/3/2019 at 11:05 AM, nuyorican said:

The Q46, Q43, Q65, Q25 and the Q27 could've used antics buses before the Q12. Those artic buses will be empty after sanford ave and going down northern blvd to little neck. Maybe MTA should have swapped the Q46 to CS and the Q76 to QV. How many artic buses will CS get? When will they start arriving at CS the fall pick is a month away. 

The Q27's problem is Queensborough Commmunity College. It would be a tight turn inside the bus stop space, plus I'm not sure a bus could fully align into the stop.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/3/2019 at 11:05 AM, nuyorican said:

The Q46, Q43, Q65, Q25 and the Q27 could've used antics buses before the Q12. Those artic buses will be empty after sanford ave and going down northern blvd to little neck. Maybe MTA should have swapped the Q46 to CS and the Q76 to QV. How many artic buses will CS get? When will they start arriving at CS the fall pick is a month away. 

In Manhattan I constantly observe almost empty M15 and M15 SBS buses during off peak hours. I am sure every route with higher capacity buses has down times.

1 hour ago, WestFarms36 said:

Actually NY is the biggest boaster when it comes to renewable Energy, they wouldn't give 2 shits about what happens to them CNG Stations...

If this board is still around see me In 7-10 years the inter works of NYC are still the same I don’t see those station leaving. I could be wrong just don’t see it a lot of face cards on the line something NY is known for.

1 hour ago, aemoreira81 said:

The Q27's problem is Queensborough Commmunity College. It would be a tight turn inside the bus stop space, plus I'm not sure a bus could fully align into the stop.

The question is does every single Q27 and Q27 Limited bus have to stop at QCC? Maybe only the Q27 Limited should have higher capacity buses and board on Springfield Blvd and not enter the campus. While the Q27 local has the standard buses and makes the additional stop at QCC campus. This is one idea similar to how the Q44 SBS and Q52/53 SBS are set up.

Unfortunately the same problems NICE bus has with articulated buses will exist in Queens. 

3 hours ago, Nova Fly Guy said:

If this board is still around see me In 7-10 years the inter works of NYC are still the same I don’t see those station leaving. I could be wrong just don’t see it a lot of face cards on the line something NY is known for.

Just wait next year for the 2020-2024 Capital Plan, and take a look at Bus Procurements for the following 5 years...

This is posted on mta.info:

Planned Detour 
Effective Friday, Aug 9
Q12 bus stop adjustments for the introduction of articulated bus service

The stops listed below will no longer be made, please use nearby stops along Sanford Av and Northern Blvd. 

Eastbound discontinued stops:
• Sanford Av at Bowne St
• Sanford Av at Parsons Blvd
• Northern Blvd at Auburndale Lane
• Northern Blvd at 190 St
• Northern Blvd at 196 St
• Little Neck Pkwy at Northern Blvd

Westbound discontinued stops:
• Northern Blvd at 245 St
• Northern Blvd at 172 St

Stops discontinued in both directions:
• Sanford Av at 160 St
• Sanford Av at Murray St
• Northern Blvd at 248 St

Eastbound stop adjusted at:
• Sanford Av between Parsons Blvd and Bowne St (midblock)

Stops in both directions adjusted at:  
• Roosevelt Av near Lippmann Plaza 

For Q12 service on Roosevelt Av at Main St, please follow directional signage to the current Q26 stop in front of Macy's.

4 hours ago, KK7365 said:

This is posted on mta.info:

Planned Detour 
Effective Friday, Aug 9
Q12 bus stop adjustments for the introduction of articulated bus service

The stops listed below will no longer be made, please use nearby stops along Sanford Av and Northern Blvd. 

• Sanford Av at Bowne St

Westbound discontinued stops:
• Northern Blvd at 245 St
• Northern Blvd at 172 St

Stops discontinued in both directions:
• Sanford Av at 160 St
• Sanford Av at Murray St
• Northern Blvd at 248 St

Eastbound stop adjusted at:
• Sanford Av between Parsons Blvd and Bowne St (midblock)

Stops in both directions adjusted at:  
• Roosevelt Av near Lippmann Plaza 

For Q12 service on Roosevelt Av at Main St, please follow directional signage to the current Q26 stop in front of Macy's.

Not surprised they're getting rid of those stops along the Q12. I used to live along Sanford, went to school on Sanford. At least things will move a little faster... Interesting that they adjusted the stop between Bowne and Parsons going east being midblock. I'll have to check that out.

5 hours ago, KK7365 said:

• Sanford Av at Bowne St

Nice exposure of yourselves, MTA :lol:

LOL at much of nobody making the connection to the prolonged/extended Q36.

When the Q79 was around, Q12's would empty out at LNP for that connection... If nobody got off over there at Marathon Pkwy. before the fact, it was pretty much a nonstop ride from Douglaston Pkwy....

On 8/7/2019 at 7:30 PM, WestFarms36 said:

Actually NY is the biggest boaster when it comes to renewable Energy, they wouldn't give 2 shits about what happens to them CNG Stations...

Actually, not anymore. Seattle is now the city that boasts about that the most. They will soon have the largest fleet of Proterras in North America.

10 hours ago, Union Tpke said:

It is crazy how often people need to be reminded of this! It drives me nuts.

While that is true, how they execute the turn is a whole other story.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:56 AM, SoSpectacular said:

Not surprised they're getting rid of those stops along the Q12. I used to live along Sanford, went to school on Sanford. At least things will move a little faster... Interesting that they adjusted the stop between Bowne and Parsons going east being midblock. I'll have to check that out.

The eastbound stops on Sanford Ave remain as pick up locations for the N20G. They were not actually removed. The eastbound Parsons Blvd stop was completely removed. The westbound stops were removed completely so the N20G buses would have to drop off at the next stop. After the N20/21 service was changed to the N20G the westbound stops no longer indicated “drop off only” even though NICE bus recognizes them as so.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

It’s almost time! If anyone is up for it, try to get your last pictures, videos, rides, etc on the B38, Q12, and Bx35 before they use articulated buses.

There are some on the Bx35 already.  I took a picture earlier but forgot to post it! Sunday I believe they go full attic 

16 hours ago, Calvin said:

My thought on the B38 is that will they have enough to cover the rush hour? Each segment has 5-6 min headways in both Metro Av and Catalpa Av.

Edit: headways are now 8 minutes btwn Downtown Brooklyn and Bushwick starting September 1st non-rush hour

Archived