CBTC - General Discussion

Jcb

9 hours ago, LGA Link N Train said:

Congratulations. 

Speaking of eFlare’s since you brought them up, are they still enforcing the rule that the old lamps are still to be used for Point to Point Flagging?

…and that reminds me, I’m due for flagging + Track Safety recertification this month, however due to being on Military Duty at the moment, I’m gonna have to wait until I can go home to take care of that.

As long as it’s not the Yellows which can not be combined with Lanterns & E flares has to be Lanterns.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

Ummm… no… our earlier discussion returned:

possible improper flagging.

I only bring it up as I kinda was present for it.

Oh my Goodness...

That's a Near Miss incident another reason why i went AMs switching and Away from Queens..

They going to get someone taken out in ATO Land with thier nonsense...

Edited by RTOMan

1 hour ago, ABOGbrooklyn said:

Which lines will get CBTC next in chronological order?

As of right now. 

Culver on the (F) Line is just about done minus the portion between Ditmas and Church Avenues
8th Avenue on the (A) (C) and (E) lines should be in its final stages soon between 59th Street-Columbus Circle and High Street
Queens Blvd east of Union Turnpike should be a little over Halfway done for the (E) and (F) (Still a shame Archer got omitted)

and Crosstown on the (G) Line is underway, which will connect the dots with Queens Blvd, Culver and maybe Fulton and 6th with the Jay interlockings.

After that. Fulton and the Jay Interlockings for the (A) (C) and (F) should be up next. 6th Avenue for the (B) (D) (F) (M), Broadway/Astoria and the Manhattan Bridge with DeKalb Junction for the (N) (Q) (R) and (W), Liberty and the Rockaways for the (A) and (SR) shuttle, and Nassau Street from Broad to Essex for the (J) (Z).

I have a spreadsheet attached to my signature if you want a more detailed explanation on CBTC installation and the timeline for such.

4 hours ago, LGA Link N Train said:

As of right now. 

Culver on the (F) Line is just about done minus the portion between Ditmas and Church Avenues
8th Avenue on the (A) (C) and (E) lines should be in its final stages soon between 59th Street-Columbus Circle and High Street
Queens Blvd east of Union Turnpike should be a little over Halfway done for the (E) and (F) (Still a shame Archer got omitted)

and Crosstown on the (G) Line is underway, which will connect the dots with Queens Blvd, Culver and maybe Fulton and 6th with the Jay interlockings.

After that. Fulton and the Jay Interlockings for the (A) (C) and (F) should be up next. 6th Avenue for the (B) (D) (F) (M), Broadway/Astoria and the Manhattan Bridge with DeKalb Junction for the (N) (Q) (R) and (W), Liberty and the Rockaways for the (A) and (SR) shuttle, and Nassau Street from Broad to Essex for the (J) (Z).

I have a spreadsheet attached to my signature if you want a more detailed explanation on CBTC installation and the timeline for such.

Be glad it did, CBTC on archer would be useless because the biggest issue is the switch placement between supthin and parsons. If they included modifying and moving the switch closer to the terminal then CBTC would be worth it.  That whole entire line needs to be redone including the stations.

5 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

Be glad it did, CBTC on archer would be useless because the biggest issue is the switch placement between supthin and parsons. If they included modifying and moving the switch closer to the terminal then CBTC would be worth it.  That whole entire line needs to be redone including the stations.

Oh yeah, thats a fair point. IIRC the switches are closer to Sutphin-Archer than they are to Parsons-Archer. So that needs to be resolved whether it’d be moving the Switches (the easier, more short term alternative) or the more expensive alternative (extending the (E) and (J)(Z) as originally intended).

13 hours ago, LGA Link N Train said:

I believe you were in Discord for this one, but Dekalb is going to be a huge mess. I'd assume Grand St would be part of the Broadway upgrade because from what I heard it's part of BMT, but remembering how much of a mess Dekalb Junction is, practically all of South Brooklyn (with the exception of the (F)) would be f**ked with no direct access to Manhattan. If the MTA really is going ahead with including Dekalb Av for the Broadway CBTC Project aside from being a separate thing, good luck to anyone in South Brooklyn.

I remember the last time where just 4 Av alone was enough to cause quite trouble when all lines were cut back to 36 St or 9 Av for the (D)'s case with shuttle buses operating between between there and Atlantic Av. Adding the (Q) into the mix, Coney Island would be quite the transfer spot. 

1 hour ago, Vulturious said:

I believe you were in Discord for this one, but Dekalb is going to be a huge mess. I'd assume Grand St would be part of the Broadway upgrade because from what I heard it's part of BMT, but remembering how much of a mess Dekalb Junction is, practically all of South Brooklyn (with the exception of the (F)) would be f**ked with no direct access to Manhattan. If the MTA really is going ahead with including Dekalb Av for the Broadway CBTC Project aside from being a separate thing, good luck to anyone in South Brooklyn.

I remember the last time where just 4 Av alone was enough to cause quite trouble when all lines were cut back to 36 St or 9 Av for the (D)'s case with shuttle buses operating between between there and Atlantic Av. Adding the (Q) into the mix, Coney Island would be quite the transfer spot. 

I think to do DeKalb the Manhattan Bridge would be closed weekends with the (N)(Q)(R) via lower Manhattan and the (D) cut between Brooklyn and 2 Av (F) Station, then flipping the service pattern to have all DeKalb Interlocking trains via the Manhattan Bridge while the tunnel route is closed. Then they can do the Broadway side’s closure with the (N) via Whitehall St and the (D)(Q)(R) via Manhattan Bridge north.

8 hours ago, Vulturious said:

I was there on Discord when that discussion took place, and like you said, I honestly see no way that DeKalb Junction and the Manhattan Bridge can be upgraded without including the (B) and (D) from S/O Broadway-Lafayette to DeKalb. 

Judging by how they could upgrade to CBTC on the Bridge, I would assume they could try doing G.O.’s similar to the Manhattan Bridge Shutdown or beef up (F) Service between Broadway-Lafayette and Stillwell Avenue. We’ll have to wait and see how things play out before that time comes.

On 9/26/2024 at 5:50 AM, LGA Link N Train said:

As of right now. 

How do I fine it? The link.

I know I’ve said this before, but 6 Av CBTC can be accelerated if transit decides to do the (D)(F) swap in Brooklyn during all weekends - a GO that has been done many times. 

- (D) via 8 Av / Culver

- (F) via Broadway / 4 Av Express - West End

and on top of that, do additional closures during light ridership weeks like presidents week, Easter week / spring break, summertime, and Christmas week, where the additional weekday service reroutes include:

(A) - trains run local in Brooklyn (can be restricted to Lefferts (A) trains during rush hours.

(C) trains in Manhattan Only (168 St to World Trade Center)

(E) - no 179 St trips to accommodate the (C) at WTC

(W) suspended - (N) trains make local stops via lower Manhattan from Atlantic Av-Barclays Center to 57 St-7 Av (no 96 St trips - these trips sent to Ditmars Blvd)

(B) - trains only run from Brighton Beach to Dekalb Av, then via Broadway Express to 96 St-2 Av.

(D) - trains local from 59 St Columbus Circle to Bedford Park Blvd to accommodate local riders on CPW

Edited by darkstar8983

8 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

I know I’ve said this before, but 6 Av CBTC can be accelerated if transit decides to do the (D)(F) swap in Brooklyn during all weekends - a GO that has been done many times. 

- (D) via 8 Av / Culver

- (F) via Broadway / 4 Av Express - West End

and on top of that, do additional closures during light ridership weeks like presidents week, Easter week / spring break, summertime, and Christmas week, where the additional weekday service reroutes include:

(A) - trains run local in Brooklyn (can be restricted to Lefferts (A) trains during rush hours.

(C) trains in Manhattan Only (168 St to World Trade Center)

(E) - no 179 St trips to accommodate the (C) at WTC

(W) suspended - (N) trains make local stops via lower Manhattan from Atlantic Av-Barclays Center to 57 St-7 Av (no 96 St trips - these trips sent to Ditmars Blvd)

(B) - trains only run from Brighton Beach to Dekalb Av, then via Broadway Express to 96 St-2 Av.

(D) - trains local from 59 St Columbus Circle to Bedford Park Blvd to accommodate local riders on CPW

First off, forgetting someone?

Anyway, we're not going to be shutting down an entire Manhattan trunk corridor on that large a scale during weekday hours unless it's an absolute emergency. Sure, there are going to be sometimes when it will be closed, but the majority of the time it's going to be one zone at a time. This isn't the Crosstown line we're talking about. 

23 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

Anyway, we're not going to be shutting down an entire Manhattan trunk corridor on that large a scale during weekday hours unless it's an absolute emergency. Sure, there are going to be sometimes when it will be closed, but the majority of the time it's going to be one zone at a time. This isn't the Crosstown line we're talking about. 

I saw that and just LOLd at it.....

On 9/29/2024 at 6:24 PM, Kamen Rider said:

Oh!!! Right - (M) to Chambers!! Duhhh!! It’s so intrinsic that operations loves to send the (M) down there whenever anything goes wrong.

but it could be a new innovative way to speed up work if we do large scale closures especially with ridership still not back at 2019 levels (or am I wrong about that)

2 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

(or am I wrong about that)

My second southbound trip runs through midtown just after 5:30 PM and is regularly at crush load. the primary thing holding our ridership numbers back these days are the cheapskates going through the gates. 

49 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

My second southbound trip runs through midtown just after 5:30 PM and is regularly at crush load. the primary thing holding our ridership numbers back these days are the cheapskates going through the gates. 

On which route? The (M)?

“Red line” is a process in the picking system that was instituted in the most recent contract.

it allows me at job picking time to say “hey, this person is not working right now but still picked a job… I’ll take over for them till they get back”.

when that person returns, I will fall back to working the “North district” extra list (A,C,J,L,M) but with my tour and days off locked in where they were when I had the picked job. Someone who picked a red line job in one of the districts would be locked to that district.

the old system was “bidding” which if the person resumed working results in your behind being sent to the main “extra extra” division wide list at the bottom is said list’s internal seniority

so when I say “I have a job on the red line” it means I have a picked job, just not permanently.