ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

What happens if your called for pre employment and only got through the first part which is the application/drug test  but still waiting on the medical and the list expires? Does that mean your chances of getting this job is over?

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Gdub said:

What happens if your called for pre employment and only got through the first part which is the application/drug test  but still waiting on the medical and the list expires? Does that mean your chances of getting this job is over?

Pretty much 

I received an email from Transit saying that they are returning the train operator exams back to Dcas for recertification of the list. Does that mean that my chances of getting called are over? Or is dcas doing the calling from the list while they get more classes setup

6 hours ago, Blackrob202 said:

I received an email from Transit saying that they are returning the train operator exams back to Dcas for recertification of the list. Does that mean that my chances of getting called are over? Or is dcas doing the calling from the list while they get more classes setup

I think what that means if decas decided to recertify the list again then they will have a certain amount of spots to be filled but they will go back from the list to all those who put there names back on, and call in list number order. Which I hope is true cause my name is back on the list 🙏

7 hours ago, Blackrob202 said:

Pretty much it's the latter of your question. Theres no current classes needed. So in the mean time, the list of those ppl that were not called is sent back to DCAS to get a refreshed version of the list, which will include those who were called but had to get taken off the list in the mean time due to either a discrepancy, or the ppl who needed a time extension because they couldn't take the job at the current moment but still wanted to remain on the list, etc.

So "IF" MTA decides they need more classes in the future, the refreshed list will include all those ppl who were skipped voluntarily or not, along with everyone else who's list number was not yet reached.

Priority will be given to those who's list number was skipped over previously, THEN they'll move on to those who's number was not yet reached.

Edited by Jsalcedo718
Typo

On 8/11/2024 at 12:55 AM, Jsalcedo718 said:

Pretty much it's the latter of your question. Theres no current classes needed. So in the mean time, the list of those ppl that were not called is sent back to DCAS to get a refreshed version of the list, which will include those who were called but had to get taken off the list in the mean time due to either a discrepancy, or the ppl who needed a time extension because they couldn't take the job at the current moment but still wanted to remain on the list, etc.

So "IF" MTA decides they need more classes in the future, the refreshed list will include all those ppl who were skipped voluntarily or not, along with everyone else who's list number was not yet reached.

Priority will be given to those who's list number was skipped over previously, THEN they'll move on to those who's number was not yet reached.

so lets say the new list comes along with the newest promotional exam. they will call those who got skipped and them the promotional people ???

exam 4700 promotional to T/O.    Also is T/O better than B/O ? 

Just now, Andy1 said:

so lets say the new list comes along with the newest promotional exam. they will call those who got skipped and them the promotional people ???

train operator base pay is higher then B/o so yeah

2 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

if this test expires then no, but if it gets recertified I honestly dont know

On 8/9/2024 at 5:17 PM, SD2024 said:

Pretty much 

This is incorrect I spoke with someone at the MTA employer office and they said as long as you were called you should be good. So it doesn’t matter if the list expires and you haven’t completed the full process.

On 8/10/2024 at 5:31 PM, Blackrob202 said:

Just keep being hopeful and make sure you check your emails and such. People said the list was done and they are not hiring anymore and I have already started and passed probation. 

On 8/12/2024 at 2:08 PM, Andy1 said:

Sorry for the late response. Usually they would exhaust their current list before they jump into another one. So I highly doubt they'll integrate An an open competitive list with a promotional. 

But it all up to them...if they want to officially retire this list, they can do so at any time if they feel they have enough ppl coming in from the promotional. But if they feel they might not have enough to fulfill their needs later on, then they'll hold this list open until they have a safety net of ppl. Then they'll retire the list and introduce the promotional list.

This list has soo many qualified people so I believe they're going to stretch it as long as they're allowed to before jumping into another list. Which is pretty much what they've been doing.

17 hours ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

Sorry for the late response. Usually they would exhaust their current list before they jump into another one. So I highly doubt they'll integrate An an open competitive list with a promotional. 

But it all up to them...if they want to officially retire this list, they can do so at any time if they feel they have enough ppl coming in from the promotional. But if they feel they might not have enough to fulfill their needs later on, then they'll hold this list open until they have a safety net of ppl. Then they'll retire the list and introduce the promotional list.

This list has soo many qualified people so I believe they're going to stretch it as long as they're allowed to before jumping into another list. Which is pretty much what they've been doing.

I honestly think that this list will be terminated in September. Hate to say it but just being honest here. The list kept getting extended due to the pandemic and they needed to give a test and establish a new list before they can terminate the old one. These lists are only supposed to be active for 4 years. They had a promotional exam last year and recently had an open competitive exam in May. These exams are competitive so the higher you score the better the chances of getting called. Hopefully people who haven't gotten the call yet took either the promotional last year, if they're on the job. or open competitive this year. 

On 8/14/2024 at 4:47 PM, Gdub said:

This is incorrect I spoke with someone at the MTA employer office and they said as long as you were called you should be good. So it doesn’t matter if the list expires and you haven’t completed the full process.

I received this email from the MTA two days ago.

Hello,

Since we did not reach your list number for the next steps after you were invited in for the pre-employment phase, this email is to provide you with an update. We are currently in the process of returning the Train Operator Certification back to DCAS since we do not have any more classes on schedule for Train Operator at this time. Once we have more vacancies open and approvals, we will proceed with the hiring for the Train Operator position.

Once we reach your list number and openings are available, you will be contacted at the email address and telephone number we have on file for you. If it has been more than 90days from the initial visit, you may be required to complete another lab/pre-employment process again.

1 hour ago, Gdub said:

I received this email from the MTA two days ago.

Hello,

Since we did not reach your list number for the next steps after you were invited in for the pre-employment phase, this email is to provide you with an update. We are currently in the process of returning the Train Operator Certification back to DCAS since we do not have any more classes on schedule for Train Operator at this time. Once we have more vacancies open and approvals, we will proceed with the hiring for the Train Operator position.

Once we reach your list number and openings are available, you will be contacted at the email address and telephone number we have on file for you. If it has been more than 90days from the initial visit, you may be required to complete another lab/pre-employment process again.

looks like they are sunsetting this test

22 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

looks like they are sunsetting this test

Not necessarily. If anything I wish I had a courtesy email when I wasn't called in after my first 90 days past. Just means they gotta wait until they decide to hold more classes.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Not necessarily. If anything I wish I had a courtesy email when I wasn't called in after my first 90 days past. Just means they gotta wait until they decide to hold more classes.

sure we wont know for certain until next month but theres also a promotional t/o exam waiting to be established 

18 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

sure we wont know for certain until next month but theres also a promotional t/o exam waiting to be established 

There's lot of new classes out there i seen about four last week alone at BedPark...

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Gdub said:

Just got off the phone with MTA they said the TOA list will be extended

I keep telling ppl on here TIME AND TIME AGAIN to stop jumping to conclusions. There's a couple ppl here that are infatuated with telling ppl that these list will be eliminated. And time and time again they've been proven WRONG. They think they know the system, but the reality is that MTA and DCAS does what they NEED to do with these lists. Regardless of the "expiration date" of these list. They're going to do what they see fit, as long as they still have qualified individuals. This TO list still has HUNDREDS of qualified folks, so they can stretch this list out as long as they please. So unless u heard it from MTA or DCAS yourself, don't pay mind to none or these folks throwing out speculation.

Edited by Jsalcedo718
Typo

8 hours ago, Peterqq55 said:

Does getting a red light violation stop you from getting hired as a TO? I just got one would it affect me in a big way?

If it's a camera violation then just pay the ticket. If u got caught by an officer, then u would have to see how many points they're giving u. Hopefully u didn't have previous points, so u would just plead guilty and pay it off. If u have exceeded the points they allow, then they won't call you until those points expire and brings u down to the max allowed before they consider eliminating u from the list. It all depends on your specific situation and record. Points usually come off 18 months after date of conviction, if my memory serves me right.