ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long before they call you back for the medical process after you have completed the drug/alcohol test is complete? My pre-employment appointment was June 4th but I have not heard anything back yet for the next step.

On 6/30/2024 at 7:12 PM, Jasmine said:

I’ve been trying to get a reschedule date for my pre employment process for about 2 months now I’ve emailed twice already and still haven’t received a call back or email for another date. Should I call? Also I just started the process for track worker last week but now I’m looking at the salary for train operator and they make more than track worker.

Did you call? If you did what did they say? Also good luck on the track worker process. 

Can anyone tell me how long it'll take to be called in to start the medical process? I was sent the letter via email on 6/12 to come in for pre-employment paper work & drug testing on 6/24 which i did, however i  haven't heard anything since. I wanted to know what the timeline is for the next start date. 

On 7/2/2024 at 11:50 AM, WantItNow said:

How long before they call you back for the medical process after you have completed the drug/alcohol test is complete? My pre-employment appointment was June 4th but I have not heard anything back yet for the next step.

it can take up to 90 days cause thats how long your drug test lasts for 

On 7/3/2024 at 6:50 AM, ak95 said:

Can anyone tell me how long it'll take to be called in to start the medical process? I was sent the letter via email on 6/12 to come in for pre-employment paper work & drug testing on 6/24 which i did, however i  haven't heard anything since. I wanted to know what the timeline is for the next start date. 

it can take up to 90 days

On 7/3/2024 at 6:50 AM, ak95 said:

Let know when they contact you for medical, I’m in the same boat. Got an email for pre employment as well on 6/12 to go in on 6/26 to hand in the application and do the drug test. I know it can take up to 90 days but it can happen sooner. I’ll keep you updated if they contact me sooner. I guess we just gotta be patient at this point and trust the process.

4 hours ago, Gdub said:

Let know when they contact you for medical, I’m in the same boat. Got an email for pre employment as well on 6/12 to go in on 6/26 to hand in the application and do the drug test. I know it can take up to 90 days but it can happen sooner. I’ll keep you updated if they contact me sooner. I guess we just gotta be patient at this point and trust the process.

I just went through this so let me tell you about my experience. 

I went in for pre employment on June 4th. I was going crazy waiting for a email and didn’t get one until 6/27. Medical was July 4th and I was scheduled to be there at 7am. It was an all day thing. I saw a doctor, passed medical. Then the waiting continues. Make sure you have all the paperwork in the second medical email filled out properly, if not it will make the process longer. Make sure you guys are as honest as can be when asking about convictions and tickets. I was sworn in and had my finger prints taken. Next class is at the end of this month. I was there from 6:50am till 5:30 pm. Hope this helps anyone who were in my shoes and is unaware of what’s to come. 

2 hours ago, Justlikejoey91 said:

How did it go 

Took me all day but I got all my medical hold cleared, labs done and was qualified. We were there so long that fingerprinting was closed for the day. I got out at 530PM. I was told look out for an email to come back to finish. I’m guessing it’ll be fingerprint and get sworn in. So let’s see

4 hours ago, af105 said:

Took me all day but I got all my medical hold cleared, labs done and was qualified. We were there so long that fingerprinting was closed for the day. I got out at 530PM. I was told look out for an email to come back to finish. I’m guessing it’ll be fingerprint and get sworn in. So let’s see

Nice congratulations did you finish up that big packet of paperwork. 

On 7/5/2024 at 1:01 PM, Gdub said:

I reached out to them via email and this was the reply. 
“We do not have an expected notification date. However, we are currently hiring within 10100’s. Once we reach your list number, we can provide next steps. Usually, the process once invited in can take anywhere between 3-90 Days depending on the number of vacancies open for the position.” 

So yeah I guess it’s basically be patient and hope that we hear back soon. 

This is for you new folks, folks waiting to come in, or folks who been here a minute....

PLEASE STAY OFF THEM CELL PHONES WHILE OPERATING, this goes for TOs and CRs( Especially CRs they caught four of them last week)..

It dont matter if the train is sitting in the station, in the tunnel, on the bridge..

Oh and that goes for Them Ear Buds too..

Protect your Job folks please and for the folks on probation if caught good chance you are terminated there is no second chance.

On 7/2/2024 at 11:50 AM, WantItNow said:

Did you here anything yet?