ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

I was scheduled to come in to clear a medical hold and now they just pushed me back one week! I’m afraid that I’ll end up having to restart the process now because it’ll push me passed the original 90days they gave me to clear everything. I had all my stuff well before the time they gave me and been notified them. Has this happened to anyone?

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, af105 said:

I was scheduled to come in to clear a medical hold and now they just pushed me back one week! I’m afraid that I’ll end up having to restart the process now because it’ll push me passed the original 90days they gave me to clear everything. I had all my stuff well before the time they gave me and been notified them. Has this happened to anyone?

Why did they put you on a medical hold? What do they typically look for during the medical? I have my medical next week and am wondering if I should be concerned about anything 

52 minutes ago, Anthony1527 said:

Why did they put you on a medical hold? What do they typically look for during the medical? I have my medical next week and am wondering if I should be concerned about anything 

There’s different things they check for. In my case it was sleep apnea. Basically had to prove I don’t have it or prove I can treat it by using a machine for 30 days. Once I got all the paperwork need to bring it back to Pierrepont to continue the medical. 

3 minutes ago, af105 said:

There’s different things they check for. In my case it was sleep apnea. Basically had to prove I don’t have it or prove I can treat it by using a machine for 30 days. Once I got all the paperwork need to bring it back to Pierrepont to continue the medical. 

What would give them the impression you have sleep apnea?

3 minutes ago, af105 said:

They measure your neck and check your BMI. My neck was fine but I’m a hefty fella so they gave me that medical home slip lol basically keep your health in check and you should be fine 

My neck is under 17 inches wide but I’m about 215 and am 5’9ish. I don’t have sleep apnea. I wonder if they’ll give me an issue. I actually lost 30lbs over the last 2-3 months. What’s your weight and height if you don’t mind to give me some expectations lol

On 6/28/2024 at 8:32 PM, Anthony1527 said:

I have one more question. I had some ezpass stuff in collections. Paid off the collections today. Have the receipts and all in hand ready just in case. The issue is that ezpass says I owe more than the collection companies have me owing. None can find anymore money that needs to be paid by me. Should I be worried about this? Seems like a disconnect between ezpass and these collection companies. 

I wouldn't worry about that. Dont even mention it. They really just want u to clear tickets and moving violations.

8 hours ago, beanz said:

I wouldn't worry about that. Dont even mention it. They really just want u to clear tickets and moving violations.

Sounds good thanks bro. I have another question for you. I’m filling out paper work now and it’s asking me if I’ve ever been “convicted of a traffic violation” what do I put for speeding and a fail signal ? Yes ? No? Not sure what to put here 

22 hours ago, Anthony1527 said:

Don’t drink coffee the morning of. I saw a girl that went on medical hold because her ekg vitals were off because she had coffee she spiked her heart rate. 

3 hours ago, Anthony1527 said:

Sounds good thanks bro. I have another question for you. I’m filling out paper work now and it’s asking me if I’ve ever been “convicted of a traffic violation” what do I put for speeding and a fail signal ? Yes ? No? Not sure what to put here 

Yea be honest. It shouldn't disqualify you unless we talking about multiple serious convictions for driving. As long as nothing is pending you'll be fine.

39 minutes ago, beanz said:

Yea be honest. It shouldn't disqualify you unless we talking about multiple serious convictions for driving. As long as nothing is pending you'll be fine.

So that’s where I’m confused. All tickets are paid off but I do have points on my license. So are they still pending ? I plead guilty paid them off and paid for the drivers assessment so the points don’t suspend my license. No serious convictions. 4 in total. Two speeding, one improper signal and one mobile device but j explained in detail what happened. 

Just now, Anthony1527 said:

So that’s where I’m confused. All tickets are paid off but I do have points on my license. So are they still pending ? I plead guilty paid them off and paid for the drivers assessment so the points don’t suspend my license. No serious convictions. 4 in total. Two speeding, one improper signal and one mobile device but j explained in detail what happened. 

If theres no upcoming court case that means they are not pending. Once u get found guilty and pay the fines and get the points then it's not considered pending it's closed and settled. They want to know if anything is open and they also want to know if u have anything closed what was it.

2 minutes ago, beanz said:

If theres no upcoming court case that means they are not pending. Once u get found guilty and pay the fines and get the points then it's not considered pending it's closed and settled. They want to know if anything is open and they also want to know if u have anything closed what was it.

All are closed. No pending tickets. No parking tickets. Everything is clean in terms of owning money or having anything pending with tickets 

I’ve been trying to get a reschedule date for my pre employment process for about 2 months now I’ve emailed twice already and still haven’t received a call back or email for another date. Should I call? Also I just started the process for track worker last week but now I’m looking at the salary for train operator and they make more than track worker.

11 minutes ago, SD2024 said:

Like a license wit special privileges for a period of time cus of a charge you caught in the past  , example only driving from home to work n back or picking up kids or other important things in your life 

I really don't know. I would go down there for the pre-employment and ask them at the front desk.