ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, dremoney9972 said:

anybody hear anything from late september?  I know it's a bit early but one of the insiders posted they're looking for classes for Oct Nov and Dec so I'd assume they'd be expediting tests to get these classes filled, if in fact that is the case.

They've called many ppl for pre-employment since Sept so im sure right now they're sorting through those ppl and getting them vetted and seeing if they still qualify to bring them in for final processing and filling up the classes. I believe the next class is towards the end of this month. 

Edited by Jsalcedo718

32 minutes ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

They've called many ppl for pre-employment since Sept so im sure right now they're sorting through those ppl and getting them vetted and seeing if they still qualify to bring them in for final processing and filling up the classes. I believe the next class is towards the end of this month. 

yeah it was posted oct 17 I believe.  gotta look thru the thread.  strange.

6 minutes ago, dremoney9972 said:

yeah it was posted oct 17 I believe.  gotta look thru the thread.  strange.

Yea it says Oct 27, Nov 17, and Dec 22, although I don't think those dates are correct because they all land on a Sunday. They usually start orientation on a Monday. So if im not mistaken, the dates would be Oct 28, Nov 18, and Dec 23. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. 

2 hours ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

Yea it says Oct 27, Nov 17, and Dec 22, although I don't think those dates are correct because they all land on a Sunday. They usually start orientation on a Monday. So if im not mistaken, the dates would be Oct 28, Nov 18, and Dec 23. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. 

Induction classes technically are labeled as having started on the Sunday of that week, even though the actual orientation days are during a weekday. 

The next TO induction is scheduled for the week of Oct 27th (starting Monday Oct 28th).

35 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Induction classes technically are labeled as having started on the Sunday of that week, even though the actual orientation days are during a weekday. 

The next TO induction is scheduled for the week of Oct 27th (starting Monday Oct 28th).

yeah so how are they even scheduling for this month since last month they indicated in the email they didn't even have classes, and were in the process of recertifying the list, then the next day they called for pre employment on the 25th of last month, and we all know how slow they move there, so unless they're all of a sudden moving with lightning speed putting people through pre employment, clearing medical in less than a month it sounds unrealistic.  more information definitely helpful to keep an eye out for the call for medical would be next, no? since pre employment was last, if they call again.  waiting...

43 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Thanks for the clarification. 💯

16 minutes ago, dremoney9972 said:

yeah so how are they even scheduling for this month since last month they indicated in the email they didn't even have classes, and were in the process of recertifying the list, then the next day they called for pre employment on the 25th of last month, and we all know how slow they move there, so unless they're all of a sudden moving with lightning speed putting people through pre employment, clearing medical in less than a month it sounds unrealistic.  more information definitely helpful to keep an eye out for the call for medical would be next, no? since pre employment was last, if they call again.  waiting...

Schoolcar skipped scheduling an induction class for September and recertified the list until Sept 2025. They’re starting classes from Oct onward. From what I hear, they’ll have classes every month for the rest of the year.

Edited by Jay-Oh

This is for you New Folks starting in Schoolcar..

Please BE ON TIME at where your class is scheduled to report to.

They aren't playing around with lateness...

People are getting dismissed from the Job due to this.

IF you know you are running late please have a phone number to call someone, anyone to let them know and not come strolling in while the TSSs and Class is waiting for you.

I seen this myself quite a few times...

Yes chit happens on the trains i get it but here a question what one is going to do when you have to get on a train and male a trip when one isn't in schoolcar?

Oh i forgot make sure you have the PROPER footwear on as well..

Some people just aren't taking this Job serious and its showing in Schoolcar if that's the case they shouldn't even waste their time then.