ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Does anyone know what medical number their up too? I went for pre employment on 6/4 and did drug test. I 100% don’t smoke and don’t drink so I know I’m good. I haven’t gotten a call or a email. Does anyone also know who I should expect an update ? Email? Call? Text ? Or all 3. Waiting on this job and I’d like to have some type of timeline for when I’ll get called. I saw someone went into pre employment on here and they got called for medical 4 days later. My list number is 10,1xx. 

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Anthony1527 said:

Does anyone know what medical number their up too? I went for pre employment on 6/4 and did drug test. I 100% don’t smoke and don’t drink so I know I’m good. I haven’t gotten a call or a email. Does anyone also know who I should expect an update ? Email? Call? Text ? Or all 3. Waiting on this job and I’d like to have some type of timeline for when I’ll get called. I saw someone went into pre employment on here and they got called for medical 4 days later. My list number is 10,1xx. 

it can take up to 90 days

23 hours ago, Anthony1527 said:

Yeah i got called 3 days later for medical 

On 6/22/2024 at 1:18 PM, Justlikejoey91 said:

Hopefully things start moving faster, sooner than later

I sent a second email and got a response basically asking to stay patient because they’re dealing with a lot of people at this time. Hopefully they can get to us before there’s no more space 

On 6/20/2024 at 4:01 PM, Cashdiior said:

Can u still move forward with an conditional license at the time & how is the process with showing them deposition papers after the fact , basically is it a guarantee fact you in or is still at they discretion 

I’m going through the process with the disposition papers now. I made a topic about it. Click my profile and follow the topic 

What the hell? I just got a letter from the MTA. Starting pay for a T/O is 40 bucks? Damn I may go through with this lol.

That is a better starting pay than most Maintenance of way Maintainers. I think only Signal Maintainers and Revenue Equipment Maintainers make more to start. Most of the others is about 34-36 and only many years latter do they get top pay which is give or take is a 1-3 dollar difference in salary.

Sorry for the double post, but a question to all the T/O here. Do you guys like your job? Is it stressful or anything? Where i am at right now is not stressful, but I don't like my job all that much. There is a lot of downtime, so I don't complain much.

Edited by kazz

16 minutes ago, kazz said:

Sorry for the double post, but a question to all the T/O here. Do you guys like your job? Is it stressful or anything? Where i am at right now is not stressful, but I don't like my job all that much. There is a lot of downtime, so I don't complain much.

Depends on who you ask and the answers vary..

Yes it can be stressful (each persons handles or sees stress differently)especially if there's a incident and you know its on you....

Now that being said..

Some love it..

Some Like it..

Some tolerate it..

Some hate it..

Yet the ONE FACT about all of those who might will answer your very direct question is this no matter what they say or how they try to word it...

All of them are still here for various reasons..

My answer is i like it because im counting down the years (Two years 6 months) i dont intend to stay any longer than that. 

7 minutes ago, Anthony1527 said:

Hey what’s ECMRO? I’m waiting for my medical. Does anyone know how the communication comes in for medical? Is email, text or call? Or all 3? Tryna be on the look out

It will be from a random person email subject Conditional Offer - NYCT Train Operator

11 minutes ago, Anthony1527 said:

Hey what’s ECMRO? I’m waiting for my medical. Does anyone know how the communication comes in for medical? Is email, text or call? Or all 3? Tryna be on the look out

ECMRO is who you contact to get off of medical hold if youre placed on it

for medical it will be an email and possibly a text but not always

the title of the email will be "Conditional Offer- NYCT Train Operator "

36 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

ECMRO is who you contact to get off of medical hold if youre placed on it

for medical it will be an email and possibly a text but not always

the title of the email will be "Conditional Offer- NYCT Train Operator "

Thank you 🙏 

just got restored to the list, number 33xx...should I be called soon?  anyone know best way to follow up and see status?  I went for pre employment back in '21 then never heard anything else to go back; reason on the letter I got restoring me to the list was failure to report for medical but never got any notification after pre employment so I want to stay on top of this now to get in.  Anyone with any info would be appreciated!