LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

They don't have to do anything, they are not obligated to do anything...they can ghost you if they want to. It's unprofessional on their part but I'm sure everytime you call/email/carrier-pigeon them, it's not helping your case, they work at their own pace and they set their own rules. You can either abide or die trying. End of story. 

If they think you're a good candidate, they'll reach out to you. If not, they'll either send you a letter/email saying they're not interested (I know people have passed the initial exam and still got denied) as they have chosen to move forward with stronger candidates or they may just leave you guessing. Either way, I wouldn't be asking for when the next open house is or who here knows HR. You just learn to accept it and move on with your life. Look at it like you lent $20 to a friend who you know may or may not pay you back, if they pay you back, GREAT! If they don't or they keep finding excuses to ignore you/not pay you back, just move on, you know you'll never see it again.  

I never took the math portion and I never made it to the introductory interview either. They never did a proper checklist when I finished the memorization portions. How would they know if I’m a fit or not? How is that fair? I didn’t even get a chance to finish just the first part of the process. 

Second, I only sent a couple of emails because they told me it would be my job to do that and not their job to remind themselves that every day. You act like I sent thousands of them. Even if everybody did send them thousands of emails, it would be out of frustration that they’re unorganized and do not follow the working rules. I’m lenient and very patient otherwise. The crappy thing about LIRR/MNRR is that they can not communicate and think they’re immune to liabilities/mistakes. That’s the freaking awful thing about dealing with them.

If you’re going to have somebody go through a process and paperwork, make sure they finish it completely! There is absolutely no point in letting someone drop the ball like that. 

Edited by 2ride

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, 2ride said:

I never took the math portion and I never made it to the introductory interview either. They never did a proper checklist when I finished the memorization portions. How would they know if I’m a fit or not? How is that fair? I didn’t even get a chance to finish just the first part of the process. 

Second, I only sent a couple of emails because they told me it would be my job to do that and not their job to remind themselves that every day. You act like I sent thousands of them. Even if everybody did send them thousands of emails, it would be out of frustration that they’re unorganized and do not follow the working rules. I’m lenient and very patient otherwise. The crappy thing about LIRR/MNRR is that they can not communicate and think they’re immune to liabilities/mistakes. That’s the freaking awful thing about dealing with them.

If you’re going to have somebody go through a process and paperwork, make sure they finish it completely! There is absolutely no point in letting someone drop the ball like that. 

Don't you only get to do the interview if you pass the test? Are you sure you passed the first part because they normally eliminate people who don't make the cut off for the first part of the exam and don't have them waste extra time by taking second oart for no reason?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, krishna said:

Don't you only get to do the interview if you pass the test? Are you sure you passed the first part because they normally eliminate people who don't make the cut off for the first part of the exam and don't have them waste extra time by taking second oart for no reason?

I missed out my first conductor open house so I attended the locomotive engineer open house instead to take the cognitive since both positions require the same cognitive exam. I passed it, but took myself out of the locomotive engineer program since I was more interested in conductor and they said they’d send me another invitation to take the math only whenever it becomes available. My issue with these people is that they've been sending out conductor exams lately to other people and I’ve been the one following up with them since and never received anything. It has hit that point. I never got eliminated or interviewed.

Edited by 2ride

• 3 weeks later...