R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

The R46's are practically Spares or put-ins for the (A) While the (C) uses the majority of them.

As someone who takes the (A) and (C) on a regular basis, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is true. I myself have been seeing at most 1-2 sets of R46’s on the (A) while heading home; this number used to be higher.

Does anyone know the exact number of trains needed for the (A), including spares?

1 hour ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

As someone who takes the (A) and (C) on a regular basis, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is true. I myself have been seeing at most 1-2 sets of R46’s on the (A) while heading home; this number used to be higher.

Does anyone know the exact number of trains needed for the (A), including spares?

The (A) uses 38 and 40 trains in the AM and PM Rush, respectively. The (C) also barrows R46s and R211s from PIT. Whatever isn’t used are spares (standby), for maintenance, or training, etc.

Edited by SimplyMyself

37 minutes ago, SimplyMyself said:

The (A) uses 38 and 40 trains in the AM and PM Rush, respectively.

Taking into consideration the fact that the (A) shares two trains of R179’s with the (SR) (which leaves 11 trains for (A) service), the (A) could technically become fully NTT as early as when it receives its next 1-2 trains of R211’s.

There are currently 28 trains of R211’s on the (A), and adding 11 trains of R179’s makes for a total of 39 NTT’s for the (A).

Edited by TrainGamingKing9928

22 minutes ago, slantfan4281 said:

I think the (S) uses 3 (or is it 1.5 since they're half-length), but how many sets does the (C) use?

Yep, you’re correct about the (SR)!
The (C) uses 18 trains, both in the AM/PM Rush. 

@TrainGamingKing9928 With R211As in rotation on the (C) now, it would take a lot more than that. In reality, they’re running give or take 22/28 trains, and are now shared between the (A)(C).

Edited by SimplyMyself

24 minutes ago, SimplyMyself said:

Yep, you’re correct about the (SR)!
The (C) uses 18 trains, both in the AM/PM Rush. 

@TrainGamingKing9928 With R211As in rotation on the (C) now, it would take a lot more than that. In reality, they’re running give or take 22/28 trains, and are now shared between the (A)(C).

So the (A) could become fully NTT by the end of November?

1 hour ago, SimplyMyself said:

Depends on the delivery pace. I’d say around January/February, if I had to guess.

Hopefully once the base order is in they can figure out a way to enlarge the barn at 207 to make the (C) full length if that's possible. But if it does happen I have a feeling it won't be done until the entire order is in and they can reshuffle the 4 car R179s to ENY or elsewhere

2 minutes ago, slantfan4281 said:

Hopefully once the base order is in they can figure out a way to enlarge the barn at 207 to make the (C) full length if that's possible. But if it does happen I have a feeling it won't be done until the entire order is in and they can reshuffle the 4 car R179s to ENY or elsewhere

that wont be done for a lot longer than that, itll be a while before that issue is dealt with