R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

10 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

One interesting thing about the capital program is that the R211's will also retire a portion of the R68 fleet (i'm not surprised at this at all)  The option order II cars were supposed to be for fleet expansion but i guess not. I can see this changing though.

Source, Page 86: https://new.mta.info/document/151266?fbclid=IwY2xjawFYXyFleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHbj2CRgs9GICJFIpynbAky2-NzId_IH57BXbiakhDvYrbjFBvKsI-49eig_aem_HfgTjfy3uag-t4uBjtDX_g

Honestly I think they should order a third option order if they can, even if the the whole early retirement fiasco for the R44s hadn't happened the delays in the R179s would have still been a problem. Better to get newer cars earlier than later

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, slantfan4281 said:

Honestly I think they should order a third option order if they can, even if the the whole early retirement fiasco for the R44s hadn't happened the delays in the R179s would have still been a problem. Better to get newer cars earlier than later

there is no 3rd option

5 hours ago, NJFoamer114 said:

Kinda surprised they completely shunned the 59th Street Junction (IND 8th) and the entire IRT [including Roger's Junction) from CBTC installation considering those corners cause heavy delays..

They weren’t shunned per say, but won’t be chosen until certain other projects get priority. The IRT as a whole (barring the (7) Line) won’t get CBTC until the R-262 contract is well underway so that’ll take time. As for 59th on the other hand, 8th Avenue CBTC starts AT 59th-Columbus Circle and with 6th on the table as well, I think it’d make sense to account for the junction.

2 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

For those guys who are hunting for an R211A (C) train, keep an eye out. It might run today. Right now on one of the 168 St (A) train trips and the consist is 4230-4234 / 4XXX-4XXX.

That's a Rockaway Park (A) tripper, no 211As debuted on the (C) yet........................

1 hour ago, DaPr03 said:

That's a Rockaway Park (A) tripper, no 211As debuted on the (C) yet........................

oh okay. I thought the 168 St trips would change over from the (A) to the (C) for midday service, then switch back to the (A) for the Rockaway Park trips out of 168 St.