R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, LGA Link N Train said:

I believe that within the remainder of this month or within the next 3 months, we’ll get the Verdict on what the (MTA) has chosen to do with the R-211T’s and Option Order 2.

Hopefully someone figures out a solution to the clearance problems with the R211T on the express track; if not, then I think OO2 would either be all R211A, or they could just run the R211T’s on local routes like the (G) and (R) if they still want the order to be R211T.

1 hour ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

Hopefully someone figures out a solution to the clearance problems with the R211T on the express track; if not, then I think OO2 would either be all R211A, or they could just run the R211T’s on local routes like the (G) and (R) if they still want the order to be R211T.

Option order II have a strong possibility of just being standard R211As. 

27 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

Is 4335-39 delivered yet?

That I do not know, but I saw on Discord that two unknown R211 cars were being delivered through New Jersey yesterday, so we'll just have to wait and see what their numbers are.

In other news, R211S cars 105-109 were seen testing on the SIR mainline. Credits to the original owner of the photos below:

IMG_8454.jpg?ex=66eaf681&is=66e9a501&hm=

IMG_8459.png?ex=66eaf8bd&is=66e9a73d&hm=

On 9/16/2024 at 8:21 PM, MJHmarc said:

very likely also due to cost. The T’s are much more $$$$

IMO it's a waste of money to buy more open gang way trains just to only run them on the local trains. The express trains have the highest ridership.

The MTA should just stick with r211As for both option orders.

9 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

IMO it's a waste of money to buy more open gang way trains just to only run them on the local trains. The express trains have the highest ridership.

The MTA should just stick with r211As for both option orders.

If I read the Capital Plan correctly, would it be safe to assume that the MTA will order all option orders plus new railcars for the B and D lines?

One interesting thing about the capital program is that the R211's will also retire a portion of the R68 fleet (i'm not surprised at this at all)  The option order II cars were supposed to be for fleet expansion but i guess not. I can see this changing though.

Source, Page 86: https://new.mta.info/document/151266?fbclid=IwY2xjawFYXyFleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHbj2CRgs9GICJFIpynbAky2-NzId_IH57BXbiakhDvYrbjFBvKsI-49eig_aem_HfgTjfy3uag-t4uBjtDX_g