R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

2 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I'm assuming that the MTA is planning to do some work on 207.

That's the best course of action from the MTA. Fix 207 yard to accommodate 10 car trains. It is the most effective way to handle increase ridership on the "C".

They aren’t going do work in 207, basically there going single 5 cars at a time in the 207 Shed/Inspection

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

What I meant was, will the (A) and (C) each continue to use both R179’s and R211’s?

3 minutes ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

And could this mean that the (A) might become 100% R211?

No, the (A) may still use 5 cars but out of 207.

12 minutes ago, Median said:

No, the (A) may still use 5 cars but out of 207.

Makes sense, since the base order isn’t enough to displace any R179’s on either the (A) or (C).

Things regarding fleet assignments may or may not get interesting once OO1 starts arriving, but at this point, the only thing we can do is wait until the time comes to see what happens.

1 hour ago, Median said:

Kinda is because the 5 Car R179s from Pitkin are going to 207 and Pitkin may become 100% R211s.

What?? This doesn’t make any sense at all..R179s are NOT leaving the (A) anytime soon. Where did you even get this information from 

1 hour ago, poopybutt123 said:

What?? This doesn’t make any sense at all..R179s are NOT leaving the (A) anytime soon. Where did you even get this information from 

They get this source from Discord, 5-car 179s apparently being "assigned or going to 207th" for now is most likely just a maintenance thing instead of actual route assignment for (C) service. :lol:

7 hours ago, JayJay85 said:

At some point there's going to be some R211's assigned out of 207, when the (C) starts getting R211's, I can see them putting yard color stickers on them, R179 5cars sets could be re-assigned to the (C) once the 4 car sets comes off the (C) 

for the 1000th time, the 4 car 179s on the (C) arent going anywhere for the time being

2 hours ago, poopybutt123 said:

179s leaving pitkin also does not mean theyll be leaving the (A). Put-ins from 207 still happen for (A) service

9 hours ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

Makes sense, since the base order isn’t enough to displace any R179’s on either the (A) or (C).

Things regarding fleet assignments may or may not get interesting once OO1 starts arriving, but at this point, the only thing we can do is wait until the time comes to see what happens.

I doubt that the 5 car r179s will leave Pitkin. OO1 will retire all remaining r46s and make the "B", " D" mostly or fully NTTs. Some "B" trains are running to the Bronx during off peak, which is another reason why the "B" should get NTTs, whether it's r160's or r211s. There has been roll sign errors on the r68's that are on the "B". At least with the NTTs, passengers will know if the " B" is going to the Bronx or not.

9 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I doubt that the 5 car r179s will leave Pitkin. OO1 will retire all remaining r46s and make the "B", " D" mostly or fully NTTs. Some "B" trains are running to the Bronx during off peak, which is another reason why the "B" should get NTTs, whether it's r160's or r211s. There has been roll sign errors on the r68's that are on the "B". At least with the NTTs, passengers will know if the " B" is going to the Bronx or not.

Roll sign errors?  That has been a constant on the B and the Q.  The R68s mostly don't have a 96th St/2nd Ave sign so of course they are assigned to the line that goes there.  And frequently the B signs aren't changed.  This isn't new, it's been going on since they were assigned to the B way back.

3 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

not yet, not until the (A) gets all of theirs

Well supposedly they’re making their way to the (C) as soon as this week? (I heard about it, I’m not saying if it’s true or not).

9 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Well supposedly they’re making their way to the (C) as soon as this week? (I heard about it, I’m not saying if it’s true or not).

This week?? I doubt it.

Let's remember that the "C" shares equipment (currently the r46's) with the "A". And yes, the "C" will eventually share the r211s with the "A". 

The only fleet that is assigned to the "C" is the 8 car r179s.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

This week?? I doubt it.

Let's remember that the "C" shares equipment (currently the r46's) with the "A". And yes, the "C" will eventually share the r211s with the "A". 

The only fleet that is assigned to the "C" is the 8 car r179s.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did this now lol. We’re over halfway though the Base for the As

Edited by Ale188

4 hours ago, NBTA said:

Not enough 211s to replace all 46s out of Pitkin & fill in for (C) service for now.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

There are currently 2 R211s being delivered to 207 St Yard as we speak. Might be apart of 4315-4319 

Yes, 4319 already has been delivered to 207, so it might be 4317-4318

Edited by Median