R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Median said:

R211As 4300-4304 was seen doing high speed/ operator training along the Culver Line yesterday.

I thought I saw that going by when I was heading down 9th St on my bike.  I couldn't really look because it is downhill and I needed to watch the street in front of me.  I caught a glimpse of a train that didn't look like an R160, and then an R160 came in too close behind into Smith/9th and I guessed the other train was on the express track.

3 hours ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

So does this mean that the (A) can only be 100% NTT once all R46’s have left Pitkin?

it means the A can only be 100% NTT when C crews are sufficiently qualified on the 211s that the "A"-type cars can be used in C service... Along with sufficient revenue active 211A rolling stock. 

9 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

it means the A can only be 100% NTT when C crews are sufficiently qualified on the 211s that the "A"-type cars can be used in C service... Along with sufficient revenue active 211A rolling stock. 

Are the R211T units restricted to certain (C) trips?

2 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

So far, I've only seen the T's running during the weekdays. I don't know if they are still running. I haven't seen them in a while.

i saw one on the (C) 3 days ago at 42nd st

On 6/20/2024 at 11:57 AM, RTOMan said:

Not Sure if its Mentioned here (and im not going back to look either)..

Some R211s sets should be in Queens this Summer on the (E)(F)(R) lines..

It will be a Swap with some R160s going to the (A) line..

They have been qualifying train crews on them from Queens for weeks..

There's also a Set in Jamaica Yard they use for CBTC testing on the Midnights which they do every night.

I think the Numbers are in the 4200's...

🙄

Posted (edited)

the majority of 5-car R179s, if not all of them, have been reassigned to 207th street yard (while still operating on the A and S)

Someone who checks  pitkin yard as the watcher hasnt seen R179 moves in/out of the barn in a while

on the other hand, an operator i talk to says they have done moves in/out of 207 st barn

5-car R179s have also been seen by CED in 207 st barn in the past for CBTC installation (though i dont know if that actually ties into this)

however, this doesnt change the fact that 207 st inspection shed cannot fit 10-car trains, so theyre probably limited to a single 5-car set on each track in there and credits to @BenTheMiner for this information.

Edited by Median
Misspell

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2024 at 1:15 PM, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

I heard one of the R211T sets was being used as a school car or something. I’m not sure if that’s still the case.

One of either set gets used as a Schoolcar from time to time, while the other is in (C) service

Edited by DaPr03

5 hours ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

Does this mean that the (A) will be based out of both 207th and Pitkin alongside the (C)?

Nope, apparently Pitkin will be 100% R211s as R179 5 cars are getting assigned to 207.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

What I meant was, will the (A) and (C) each continue to use both R179’s and R211’s?

I am mostly wondering if this is a serious question or not.......... lol....

Edited by Metro CSW

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Median said:

Nope, apparently Pitkin will be 100% R211s as R179 5 cars are getting assigned to 207.

At some point there's going to be some R211's assigned out of 207, when the (C) starts getting R211's, I can see them putting yard color stickers on them, R179 5cars sets could be re-assigned to the (C) once the 4 car sets comes off the (C) 

Edited by JayJay85

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JayJay85 said:

At some point there's going to be some R211's assigned out of 207, when the (C) starts getting R211's, I can see them putting yard color stickers on them, R179 5cars sets could be re-assigned to the (C) once the 4 car sets comes off the (C) 

I'm assuming that the MTA is planning to do some work on 207.

That's the best course of action from the MTA. Fix 207 yard to accommodate 10 car trains. It is the most effective way to handle increase ridership on the "C".

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

15 hours ago, Median said:

the majority of 5-car R179s, if not all of them, have been reassigned to 207th street yard (while still operating on the A and S)

Someone who checks  pitkin yard as the watcher hasnt seen R179 moves in/out of the barn in a while

on the other hand, an operator i talk to says they have done moves in/out of 207 st barn

5-car R179s have also been seen by CED in 207 st barn in the past for CBTC installation (though i dont know if that actually ties into this)

however, this doesnt change the fact that 207 st inspection shed cannot fit 10-car trains, so theyre probably limited to a single 5-car set on each track in there and credits to @BenTheMiner for this information.

I don’t think this is the right thread to be putting that in..