East New York

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, LGA Link N Train said:

Parkville Junction?

Years ago, there used to be another connection to Coney island Yard from the bay ridge branch of the LIRR. Where the shoprite at Avenue I is today there used to be a junction where the tracks would rise up and run on the street along Mcdonald Avenue to Coney island Yard. Some 46s were brought in this way

1 hour ago, Comrade96 said:

Years ago, there used to be another connection to Coney island Yard from the bay ridge branch of the LIRR. Where the shoprite at Avenue I is today there used to be a junction where the tracks would rise up and run on the street along Mcdonald Avenue to Coney island Yard. Some 46s were brought in this way

When the Williamsburg Bridge was closed for reconstruction, isn't that how they sent cars to Coney Island for maintenance? Or was it just (L) -> Linden Shops -> Brooklyn Army Terminal/SBK -> West End?

6 hours ago, Median said:

Orders are paused due to tracks being rebuilt from the South Brooklyn Railway to the West End Line, + there adding a facility at the South Brooklyn Railway, which can hold 2 5 car sets

When is it gonna be completed

41 minutes ago, slantfan4281 said:

When the Williamsburg Bridge was closed for reconstruction, isn't that how they sent cars to Coney Island for maintenance? Or was it just (L) -> Linden Shops -> Brooklyn Army Terminal/SBK -> West End?

not sure but lets stay on topic

10 minutes ago, Median said:

R211S 105-109 is likely to be shipped to NYC in the following days from Yonkers Plant along with 144,143 being revealed in Yonkers Planet

All the r211S rail cars are built, matter of time before we see them

R211 status update as of July 15, 2024
**In Property**
R211S - 100-104, entering service next month 

R211T - 4040-4059, in service

R211A - 4060-4229, in service
R211A - 4230-4239, was CBTC testing earlier
R211A - 4240-4289, in service
R211A - 4290-4304, in testing
Total - 270

**Built, but undelivered**
R211S - 105-109, in Yonkers NY awaiting shipment
R211S - 110-124, in Yonkers NY
R211S - 125-139, in Lincoln NE
R211S - 140-145, in Yonkers NY 
R211S - 146-174, in Lincoln NE

R211A - 4305-4389, in Lincoln NE
Total - 155

**Being Built**
R211A - 4390-4499, shells being built in Kobe, Japan (some cars could be in production at Lincoln NE)
Total - 140??

*Some R211A cars from the first option are undergoing shell construction in Kobe, Japan according to last month board materials. Car numbers unknown but it can be anywhere from 3400-4039. My guess is that around 30 cars shells have been made.*

if any corrections need to be made, please let me know.

32 minutes ago, zacster said:

I still think it is idiotic that they decided to pull those tracks in the middle of a large order.  What were they thinking?  Oh, right, they don't think.

Oh well, it is what it is. At least the trains can still be delivered to 207th st. yard so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

In other news, apparently more R211's are getting their platform info. displays activated recently, which is awesome :)
4080-9, 4105-9, 4210-4, 4710-4, and couple more had them activated at various times. 

37 minutes ago, zacster said:

I still think it is idiotic that they decided to pull those tracks in the middle of a large order.  What were they thinking?  Oh, right, they don't think.

It's more complex. Tracks and switches are the most vulnerable infrastructure and see the most wear and tear on a railroad or transit property. That said, both, in this instance, may have been beyond any field repair. This area may see little traffic outside of new car deliveries, but they still face exposure to the elements, and I would imagine rust build-up. Another thing to consider is reconfiguring the area, which may have also required removal.

53 minutes ago, zacster said:

not a big deal, 207 is available 

1 hour ago, ArchytectAnthony said:

Oh well, it is what it is. At least the trains can still be delivered to 207th st. yard so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

In other news, apparently more R211's are getting their platform info. displays activated recently, which is awesome :)
4080-9, 4105-9, 4210-4, 4710-4, and couple more had them activated at various times. 

You meant 4170, correct? Some of these were already reported, but thanks for extras.