R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

4 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

4130-4134's side signs are not working properly and missing the route bullet. There's a few R-211 units that notably have shut off signs including the front destination sign on 4179. 

I feel like this may be one reason why they got rid of the digital ads. In many of the cars the interior lighting would be half as bright as it should be with all digital ads on the overhead off. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, nikitos6712 said:

he doesn’t. He gets this information from “NYCT Subway tracking” on discord

This is one reason to not believe everything on the internet until actual proof of something comes up

6 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

I feel like this may be one reason why they got rid of the digital ads. In many of the cars the interior lighting would be half as bright as it should be with all digital ads on the overhead off. 

This should not happen with brand new equipment with separate circuits vs add on’s to older equipment.  Probably will be addressed later 

6 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

4070-74/4245-49 are currently on the (SR)To Rockaway Blvd. I believe this is the first time a R211 has ran the Rockaway Shuttle to Rockaway Blvd have fun hunting the set down whoever wants to catch it 

Nope, second time. Last time it was R211A (SR) from Far Rockaway to Rockaway Park

14 minutes ago, Median said:

Nope, second time. Last time it was R211A (SR) from Far Rockaway to Rockaway Park

He said to the blvd, not each rockaway. There’s a difference.

1 hour ago, Median said:

R211As 4230-4239 are back at Pitkin Yard after going to Jamaica Yard for CBTC testing.

If it's back at Pitkin then it's probably going to enter service on the (A) sometime soon. I can't help but wonder if any sets that enter service in the future will have the updated software (platform displays, "EXIT THIS SIDE" signage, etc.) already activated, similar to 4270-4279 when it entered service.

40 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

When are we still receiving new deliveries and what happened to 4300-4304?

The Base Order isn’t finished yet, so new Deliveries will definitely come when the time comes. As for 4300-4304, I’m not tracking the whereabouts of that set but AFAIK, it’s on (MTA) property (unless I’m confusing it with another set). 

Given that its the Summer time and people are going on Vacation and whatnot, don’t be surprised if you see a slowdown on Deliveries. They’re still gonna happen but for now, lets be patient. The rest of the Base Order along with the Option Orders will come in due time.

15 minutes ago, LGA Link N Train said:

The Base Order isn’t finished yet, so new Deliveries will definitely come when the time comes. As for 4300-4304, I’m not tracking the whereabouts of that set but AFAIK, it’s on (MTA) property (unless I’m confusing it with another set). 

Given that its the Summer time and people are going on Vacation and whatnot, don’t be surprised if you see a slowdown on Deliveries. They’re still gonna happen but for now, lets be patient. The rest of the Base Order along with the Option Orders will come in due time.

Gotcha

1 hour ago, danielhg121 said:

Can they really come in if the SBK connection is severed? Makes no sense to have them sit there and be a target for vandals. 

It would make no sense to continue deliveries via SBK if the track connection is currently severed. Either deliveries would have to pause or the cars would have to be delivered straight to Coney Island Yard.

3 hours ago, poopybutt123 said:

When are we still receiving new deliveries and what happened to 4300-4304?

Orders are paused due to tracks being rebuilt from the South Brooklyn Railway to the West End Line, + there adding a facility at the South Brooklyn Railway, which can hold 2 5 car sets

Just now, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

Is the older SBK connection going to be retained once the new facility is finished?

It’s the same thing but with a facility that will be in place from the view at the West End line