R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

5 hours ago, poopybutt123 said:

@Metro CSW are R211s still gonna be delivered?. My friend told me after when 4305-4309 gets delivered we won’t see anymore deliveries in a long while due to Hochul due to the congestion pricing BS. I’m sure they still would do deliveries but don’t take this from me

The only order or RFP that was mentioned in the MTA meeting that would be put on hold is the R262. I “ believe” on paper the R211A option order 2 is for a small order of 8 car (lower cost) but the option was left open for a “change order” if they decide to go with open gangways (highest cost) or 10(a little higher cost) car A’s. Also the barn size issue could play a role in which type is final. 

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Ale188 said:

So the cars OOS are

4065-74

4095-99

4140-44

Am I correct?

4245-4249/4070-74 are currently back in service on the (A). 4070-74 was OOS for about a month and 4245-4249 was inactive for a week. Set was last seen at 34 St Penn Station SB to Ozone Park.

Edited by poopybutt123
Also the sets are paired together

9 hours ago, Ale188 said:

So the cars OOS are

4065-74

4095-99

4140-44

Am I correct?

8 hours ago, TyBusLover1 said:

Yes you are.

Negative boys, I rode 4140 today and it's been paired with 4095-99 since the morning of 6/19 when they were first coupled at Lefferts Blvd after the shuttle late night runs. Before that it was with 4105-09 for a couple weeks. 4065-69 has been OOS since 6/21.

16 hours ago, poopybutt123 said:

@Metro CSW are R211s still gonna be delivered?. My friend told me after when 4305-4309 gets delivered we won’t see anymore deliveries in a long while due to Hochul due to the congestion pricing BS. I’m sure they still would do deliveries but don’t take this from me

If your friend doesn’t draw a New York City Transit department of subways paycheck… tell them to cut it out with the “my uncle who works at Nintendo” level rumor mill nonsense.

13 hours ago, MJHmarc said:

The only order or RFP that was mentioned in the MTA meeting that would be put on hold is the R262. I “ believe” on paper the R211A option order 2 is for a small order of 8 car (lower cost) but the option was left open for a “change order” if they decide to go with open gangways (highest cost) or 10(a little higher cost) car A’s. Also the barn size issue could play a role in which type is final. 

I REALLY hope they dont make the mistake of ordering more 8 car sets, we really dont need any more

10 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

I REALLY hope they dont make the mistake of ordering more 8 car sets, we really dont need any more

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would the issue be with ordering more 8 car trains? Besides potentially having another oddball fleet to maintain, 8 car R211s could help balance things out in terms of all lines running in one length. This is ofc assuming they order the right amount of 4 car sets.

19 minutes ago, RandomRider0101 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly would the issue be with ordering more 8 car trains? Besides potentially having another oddball fleet to maintain, 8 car R211s could help balance things out in terms of all lines running in one length. This is ofc assuming they order the right amount of 4 car sets.

Eventually the (C)and (G)should be made full length. While the (G)would be easier and since we know about the whole 207 barn not being able to fit 10 car trains, ordering more 4 car sets does not help solve this issue, at all

11 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

Meh..... I agree with this..... Although, it's just 32 more cars of Option 2's 437 total. Supposedly to add more trains to the BMT Eastern Division for all I care......

Edited by Metro CSW

21 minutes ago, RandomRider0101 said:

Yeah the current 8-car trains are enough to maintain current service levels in the eastern Division with modest service increases across the board, but if more cars are ordered in that configuration, might as well just make the (G) 8-car trains (order about 200 cars or so) and call it a day. That way we take care of any issues with future service increases and don’t run ghost trains in 10 car configurations or severely cut service on the (G) to justify the 10 car trains.

8 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

Yeah the current 8-car trains are enough to maintain current service levels in the eastern Division with modest service increases across the board, but if more cars are ordered in that configuration, might as well just make the (G) 8-car trains (order about 200 cars or so) and call it a day. That way we take care of any issues with future service increases and don’t run ghost trains in 10 car configurations or severely cut service on the (G) to justify the 10 car trains.

It would be easier on maintenance if they kept the (G)rolling stock the same as the rest of Jamaica's Fleet

29 minutes ago, Metro CSW said:

Meh..... I agree with this..... Although, it's just 32 more cars of Option 2's 437 total. Supposedly to add more trains to the BMT Eastern Division for all I care......

I’ve heard unconfirmed rumours that the 4-car units would make it to the G instead of the J/M/Z, but it’s a wait and see game.

59 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

32 minutes ago, nikitos6712 said:

I’ve heard unconfirmed rumours that the 4-car units would make it to the G instead of the J/M/Z, but it’s a wait and see game.

East NY doesn't have space to fit all of the 4 car sets we currently have. So unless they order 8 car R211s, somebody will be stuck with an oddball batch of 8 car trains. If 207th's inspection barn does get upgraded soon, that leaves the G to take the extra 8 car trains.

@Comrade96 I totally understand the point you made about maintenance. But if that effects them ordering 4 car r211s, then the G will have to be mixed length post- 207th upgrade. 11 8-car trains won't be enough to cover full G service if they wanna maintain current service levels there. Ultimately, it is up to the higher-ups to decide what they're gonna do.

10 minutes ago, RandomRider0101 said:

East NY doesn't have space to fit all of the 4 car sets we currently have. So unless they order 8 car R211s, somebody will be stuck with an oddball batch of 8 car trains. If 207th's inspection barn does get upgraded soon, that leaves the G to take the extra 8 car trains.

@Comrade96 I totally understand the point you made about maintenance. But if that effects them ordering 4 car r211s, then the G will have to be mixed length post- 207th upgrade. 11 8-car trains won't be enough to cover full G service if they wanna maintain current service levels there. Ultimately, it is up to the higher-ups to decide what they're gonna do.

thats my point, just order more 5 car sets and forego the 4 car sets, eventually when 207 barn gets expanded all those 8 car units can go to ENY or wherever they're needed

Edited by Comrade96

21 minutes ago, ArchytectAnthony said:

If Eric Adams gets his head out of his butt and the MTA is less bullshitty with RBB/Queenslink, then those extra four car trains will certainly be useful for that lol.  

Id rather them extend the (H) and make it into that with a full 600' set but thats going off topic so I'll end it at that

6 minutes ago, Median said:

ENY should get 10 cars and they should extend the Platforms on the J/L/M/Z

This kinda makes me wonder why the MTA didn’t look into adding software on the open gangway R211T’s that has the doors open only where a station platform is present (i.e. only the doors of 8 cars of a 10-car train open at a station with an 8-car long platform, and announcements tell the passengers in the cars where the doors don’t open to walk through the train to where the doors do open). But a possible downside to this is that the train might have to be held in the station for a longer period of time so that the passengers can exit.

12 minutes ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

This kinda makes me wonder why the MTA didn’t look into adding software on the open gangway R211T’s that has the doors open only where a station platform is present (i.e. only the doors of 8 cars of a 10-car train open at a station with an 8-car long platform, and announcements tell the passengers in the cars where the doors don’t open to walk through the train to where the doors do open). But a possible downside to this is that the train might have to be held in the station for a longer period of time so that the passengers can exit.

because we'd have to isolate/unisolate cars and that takes a long time 

Edited by Comrade96