R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

9 hours ago, Fan Railer said:

Sounds like a regular R211A delivery tonight, if anything at all, probably the first part of the 4090-4094 set. Will confirm when I have more info. Based on the gap between the last delivery, the SIRT R211 is probably delayed until mid-May.

No, It's probably on Friday and Saturday. You could be right, though. Every pilot set was delivered between nights of the 28th and the 29th of a month. The first R211A pilot set was delivered between June 28-29th, 2021, and the first R211T pilot set was delivered between October 28-29t, 2022, so the MTA might do the same pattern again with the R211S pilot cars. That's what I think.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, jon2305 said:

Cars 4088 & 4089 arrived and are currently at South Brooklyn Railway as of this evening. 

Also, 4070-4079 performed burn-in testing last night on the (A).

Cars 4110 thru 4114 are sitting outside Kawasaki's Lincoln plant awaiting delivery to the city.

And O...kay...we didn't even get to the 4100 series yet... and Like Fan Railer said not even past 4090...This is going by pretty fast.

2 hours ago, Ale188 said:

You're absolutely right...Sorry. I should have known. It's like the N/Q/W are the most forgotten lines bc of the rolling stock they run. It's like the R is the MTA's favorite Broadway child. XD

The reason that isn't quite true is that the N/Q/W did have the R160s for many years, and the R had the R46s.  They only got swapped because of QBL CBTC. 

51 minutes ago, zacster said:

The reason that isn't quite true is that the N/Q/W did have the R160s for many years, and the R had the R46s.  They only got swapped because of QBL CBTC. 

It would have still been like that if it weren't for it though, favorite childs switched when it was activated. Haha! I feel like the R might get like 3 R211 trains off the 2nd option order, but beside that, that's it for Broadway. The A/C/B/D/SIR are gonna get the most out of any train.

19 minutes ago, MJHmarc said:

According to DJ Hammers Trains…The r211 pilot has passed it’s 30 day test…is this true?

No. It redid the test on April 14th because of breakdowns, homeless people on the train, and malfunctions. I think the test ends on May 13th, then after that, it hopefully will pass.

17 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

No. It redid the test on April 14th because of breakdowns, homeless people on the train, and malfunctions. I think the test ends on May 13th, then after that, it hopefully will pass.

Homeless ppl on the train wouldn't cause the train to fail the 30 day test.

21 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Homeless ppl on the train wouldn't cause the train to fail the 30 day test.

I mean it is a problem though, right? Okay, maybe not that big of a problem, like the malfunctions, but at least the pilot set for the 211s didn't do what the 179s did.

40 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

Actually April 10th was the last day. So April 14th had nothing to do with that. So whatever DJ Hammers says I’ll go with that 

1 minute ago, Ale188 said:

I mean it is a problem though, right? Okay, maybe not that big of a problem, like the malfunctions, but at least the pilot set for the 211s didn't do what the 179s did.

You can’t change the story around. Homeless ppl do NOT account for a train’s failure. The problem could be (I said this before)

1. Brakes not malfunctioning 

2. Propulsion issues

3. door malfunction 

4. bar links not put in proper place 

5. Damage to door/window

6. Misuse of operation 

4 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Actually April 10th was the last day. So April 14th had nothing to do with that. So whatever DJ Hammers says I’ll go with that 

It had to redo the test is what i feel like some of you are not getting. It rescheduled to do the tests on April 13th and redid it's first day on April 14th, and I believe day 30 is on May 14th. Also, there are other YouTubers out there that have true info, not just DJ Hammers. I'm still confused on why 4110-4114 are sitting to get picked up and delivered when we don't even have 4090 yet...okay, i feel like I know, nvm

3 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

You can’t change the story around. Homeless ppl do NOT account for a train’s failure. The problem could be (I said this before)

1. Brakes not malfunctioning 

2. Propulsion issues

3. door malfunction 

4. bar links not put in proper place 

5. Damage to door/window

6. Misuse of operation 

My mistake. I know it had door malfunctions, though

1 hour ago, Ale188 said:

It had to redo the test is what i feel like some of you are not getting. It rescheduled to do the tests on April 13th and redid it's first day on April 14th, and I believe day 30 is on May 14th. Also, there are other YouTubers out there that have true info, not just DJ Hammers. I'm still confused on why 4110-4114 are sitting to get picked up and delivered when we don't even have 4090 yet...okay, i feel like I know, nvm

See R142As in 1999, the R143s and the R160Bs. Kawasaki NEVER delivers the cars in sequential order, only when that set is ready, then that particular 5 car set gets delivered. 

31 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

See R142As in 1999, the R143s and the R160Bs. Kawasaki NEVER delivers the cars in sequential order, only when that set is ready, then that particular 5 car set gets delivered. 

OKAY, I didn't know that. I thought they were supposed to do it in order, but I guess when it's ready, it's ready. It's gonna get delivered.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

When is Yonkers gonna start building these cars?

Whenever Lincoln has parts available to ship to Yonkers for assembly. The fabs are in Nebraska (and Kobe, though I'd imagine Kawasaki and the MTA would mutually prefer using Lincoln as much as possible).

1 hour ago, Ale188 said:

OKAY, I didn't know that. I thought they were supposed to do it in order, but I guess when it's ready, it's ready. It's gonna get delivered.

Only the first 20 cars are in order, after that, the orders are mixed up. They can jump from 4110-4114 to 4140-4144 in a heap 

1 minute ago, FLX9304 said:

Only the first 20 cars are in order, after that, the orders are mixed up. They can jump from 4110-4114 to 4140-4144 in a heap 

Sounds like a 'Kawasaki only' thing! They basically do whatever they want with their rolling stock!

3 hours ago, Ale188 said:

You're under the impression that the order will be delivered in perfect order by the numbers assigned? I almost feel sorry for the members here with OCD. .....Lmfaoo!

1 minute ago, Ale188 said:

Sounds like a 'Kawasaki only' thing! They basically do whatever they want with their rolling stock!

This is not truly exclusive to just one builder, you know.....

4 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Why do I feel like you're throwing around rumors without any reliable sources to accompany it?

5 hours ago, Ale188 said:

The 30 day test would not have been reset bc of the homeless people. If that were the case no train would ever pass its' 30 day test, lol.

In regards to the test itself, I'm not even sure what is the current status. I believe it was reset, but Idk exactly where things stand. I guess we'll know when we know.

3 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

28 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

Cars being delivered out of numerical order is not exclusive to Kawasaki. Bombardier always delivered their cars out of order, as I'm sure every other company that has ever built rail equipment for NYCT. It happens all the time with the buses too.

It really doesn't matter when equipment isn't delivered in order since they will all be here eventually. As long as we get everything we're supposed to get (preferably in a timely manner), that's what really matters.

As a reminder, we know 4060-4069 was taken out of passenger service at least once, on or around April 5th, due to what seemed to be because of door issues.

Some Reddit users have claimed 4060-4069 was taken out of service again earlier today, including one who said they saw it sitting at Euclid this afternoon.

Another user on that Subreddit's chat thread claimed that the train lost power this morning between 207th and Dyckman which is why it was taken OOS. No idea how accurate that is though.

Edited by Mysterious2train

17 minutes ago, Mysterious2train said:

As a reminder, we know 4060-4069 was taken out of passenger service at least once, on or around April 5th, due to what seemed to be because of door issues.

Some Reddit users have claimed 4060-4069 was taken out of service again earlier today, including one who said they saw it sitting at Euclid this afternoon.

Another user on that Subreddit's chat thread claimed that the train lost power this morning between 207th and Dyckman which is why it was taken OOS. No idea how accurate that is though.

Wait. If they took a train oos this morning, why would that train run from Dyckman St in Manhattan all the way to Euclid in Brooklyn, where there is 207th St Yard? Isn’t 207th qualified to fix New Tech Trains’ problems when it’s at close range? 

Edited by FLX9304

55 minutes ago, Metro CSW said:

You're under the impression that the order will be delivered in perfect order by the numbers assigned? I almost feel sorry for the members here with OCD. .....Lmfaoo!

This is not truly exclusive to just one builder, you know.....

Why do I feel like you're throwing around rumors without any reliable sources to accompany it?

I'm not. I have a couple of useful sources. MTAISCOOL09 is actually a very reliable youtuber, also, some sites (not like Wikipedia) are reliable, too. Those are where I get my info from.