R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

I'm absolutely mad that the 211as have to redo the 30-day test again. Now we have to wait LONGER for the production cars to get delivered!

We already have either 2 or 3 full sets of R211A production cars on property currently waiting for the R211A Pilot to pass the the 30-day test. We will still be seeing more of them coming in, in the mean time those production cars are just testing and will enter service soon after the pilot passes at the same time. 

5 minutes ago, Vulturious said:

We already have either 2 or 3 full sets of R211A production cars on property currently waiting for the R211A Pilot to pass the the 30-day test. We will still be seeing more of them coming in, in the mean time those production cars are just testing and will enter service soon after the pilot passes at the same time. 

Let's be patient. Hopefully, by July the A will most likely be 50% NTTs.

8 hours ago, AZthefoamer said:

My hope is that they rotate the R211T around a bunch of lines and see where it works best.

I don't think there's a substantial difference between how the R211 and R211T run, it's more that the R211T is higher capacity. I'd have to imagine the MTA has a pretty good sense of crowding if not internal crowding data they could use to assign trains.

8 hours ago, Ale188 said:

I'm absolutely mad that the 211as have to redo the 30-day test again. Now we have to wait LONGER for the production cars to get delivered!

The MTA is prob the most eager one to roll as many into service as possible but they have to make sure that quality and standards are met and that the cars are safe and a wise investment. Once it passes the 30-day, I’m sure more will be pressed into service asap.

51 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Perhaps I’m not getting this, but why are the production cars being delivered if it hasn’t passed the test yet? What if god forbid there’s a major issue on the pilot that needs to be fixed at the factory but 60+ production cars are already here?

I doubt that something big could happen with the r211's. The pilot r211 train did 2 years of testing unlike the pilot train for the r179's, which only did 1 year of testing. Even the pilot r160 did 1 year of testing and it performed better than the pilot r179's.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Perhaps I’m not getting this, but why are the production cars being delivered if it hasn’t passed the test yet? What if god forbid there’s a major issue on the pilot that needs to be fixed at the factory but 60+ production cars are already here?

They're delivering the production units now so they can be prepped to enter service as soon as the pilot train passes.

Any issues on the pilot set should be addressed on the production sets before they arrive. That's the point of the 1+ year of testing.

Edited by RandomRider0101

13 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

we've been testing the pilot train for over a year now. If there was something THAT drastically wrong with it, we would have found it by now.