R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

16 hours ago, BlueArrowProductions said:

Per the NYCT Information Discord Server, 4345-4354 entered service today, the first R211A trainset to be accepted on the (C) from the start.

Great to hear!

I believe this now brings us to 315 total cars in service (310 NYCT cars and 5 (SIR) cars).

Edited by TrainGamingKing9928

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

Great to hear!

I believe this now brings us to 315 total cars in service (310 NYCT cars and 5 (SIR) cars).

The (C) has come a long way. A decade ago it was ranked as the worst subway line, so it's great to see this scenario play out with the R211A's.

Edited by jon2305

56 minutes ago, jon2305 said:

The (C) has come a long way. A decade ago it was ranked as the worst subway line, so it's great to see this scenario play out with the R211A's.

Nah I believe the (C) was great even when it had R32’s and occasionally R46’s on it. I have more better memory of R32’s running on the (J) though 

54 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

Nah I believe the (C) was great even when it had R32’s and occasionally R46’s on it. I have more better memory of R32’s running on the (J) though 

The head ways on the "C" are still terrible, but it was worst when it had the r30's (redbirds in the 90's), r38's and r32's. The "C" was so bad in the 90's that they would run 4 car trains during off peak and 6-8 car trains during rush hour.

Hopefully, the head ways will improve with 8th Avenue CBTC. It is unacceptable that many subway riders have to wait more than 10 minutes for a train during rush hour. Rush hour frequencies on all subway lines need to be 6 minutes or less.

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

56 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

The head ways on the "C" are still terrible, but it was worst when it had the r30's (redbirds in the 90's), r38's and r32's. The "C" was so bad in the 90's that they would run 4 car trains during off peak and 6-8 car trains during rush hour.

Hopefully, the head ways will improve with 8th Avenue CBTC. It is unacceptable that many subway riders have to wait more than 10 minutes for a train during rush hour. Rush hour frequencies on all subway lines need to be 6 minutes or less.

Not everything needs to be quick and fast

2 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Headways wont improve so long as you have train operators dragging the road and missing crews causing intervals to be abandoned. 

20 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

Headways wont improve so long as you have train operators dragging the road and missing crews causing intervals to be abandoned. 

And that's on top of so many subway delays, which are mostly caused by riders: jumping in front of the train, subway surfing, sick passenger, fights between riders, physical attacks against crews, etc. 

3 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

That had nothing to do with the Redbirds. The entire system was running shortened trains during the Off Peak Hours at that time. 

The only reason why they ranked the (C) the worst was because it had the all the R32s on it and they tried to pull the same stunt that they did with the (N) , The  (R) was and still dogshit and no one cares. It was all political bullshit. The (C) headways aren't the greatest but it's a very good fast local and there were days where it was even better than the (A). I remember people trying to blame the R32s on the (J)  / (Z) for it being dogshit when it was dogshit before the R32s even started popping up on it and it's still dogshit now with it being 100% techs. If anything the R46s made the (C) a bit worse due to it's lack of doors vs a 60 footer and the mixed length BS which causes even more dwell times. The (C) being 100% tech and full length would fix this issue.

If anything the (1) and the (C) are very fast local lines and they are the best local lines in the system. The only issue with the (C) is the merging at hoyt and canal but the speed makes up for it esp when you have a good T/O.

3 hours ago, Daniel The Cool said:

That had nothing to do with the Redbirds. The entire system was running shortened trains during the Off Peak Hours at that time. 

3 hours ago, Daniel The Cool said:

Thank you for correcting that point. It really bothers me and some of my colleagues make such ill advised comments. We’re still waiting for the answers to a post that I (we) made last Thanksgiving about the R211 cars and the improvement in service after the replacement of the R46 cars. Someone further up in the thread actually answered the question that we knew the answer to. The problem relates to other circumstances on the road and not solely on the car equipment itself. Disorderly conduct, subway surfers, fighting, medical emergencies, signal malfunctions, power outages and such. I don’t think many posters read the (MTA) info pages or fail to understand what they’ve been told. Simply put if all R46 and R68 class cars were removed tomorrow there would be NO improvement in service because of the other factors we’ve already mentioned. Just our opinions. Carry on.