R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

16 hours ago, BlueArrowProductions said:

Per the NYCT Information Discord Server, 4345-4354 entered service today, the first R211A trainset to be accepted on the (C) from the start.

Great to hear!

I believe this now brings us to 315 total cars in service (310 NYCT cars and 5 (SIR) cars).

Edited by TrainGamingKing9928

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

Great to hear!

I believe this now brings us to 315 total cars in service (310 NYCT cars and 5 (SIR) cars).

The (C) has come a long way. A decade ago it was ranked as the worst subway line, so it's great to see this scenario play out with the R211A's.

Edited by jon2305

56 minutes ago, jon2305 said:

The (C) has come a long way. A decade ago it was ranked as the worst subway line, so it's great to see this scenario play out with the R211A's.

Nah I believe the (C) was great even when it had R32’s and occasionally R46’s on it. I have more better memory of R32’s running on the (J) though 

54 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

Nah I believe the (C) was great even when it had R32’s and occasionally R46’s on it. I have more better memory of R32’s running on the (J) though 

The head ways on the "C" are still terrible, but it was worst when it had the r30's (redbirds in the 90's), r38's and r32's. The "C" was so bad in the 90's that they would run 4 car trains during off peak and 6-8 car trains during rush hour.

Hopefully, the head ways will improve with 8th Avenue CBTC. It is unacceptable that many subway riders have to wait more than 10 minutes for a train during rush hour. Rush hour frequencies on all subway lines need to be 6 minutes or less.

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

56 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

The head ways on the "C" are still terrible, but it was worst when it had the r30's (redbirds in the 90's), r38's and r32's. The "C" was so bad in the 90's that they would run 4 car trains during off peak and 6-8 car trains during rush hour.

Hopefully, the head ways will improve with 8th Avenue CBTC. It is unacceptable that many subway riders have to wait more than 10 minutes for a train during rush hour. Rush hour frequencies on all subway lines need to be 6 minutes or less.

Not everything needs to be quick and fast