R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

3 hours ago, R68ACTrain said:

I would love it if Concourse gets R211s instead of R160s, now that will be interesting!!!

I’d rather the (B)(D) get R160s but that’s more of a personal preference than anything. Plus with how crowded QBL gets during rush hours, some R211s might be good for it since it was made for more space for passengers.  

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, R68ACTrain said:

I really don't understand why they don't get rid of the IRT in Concourse. Especially with scrap trains in Concourse I truly don't understand.

Because they have  storage track room.  The discussion is about the the size of the barn.  1 completely distinct seperate issues!   Only 3 tracks in the barn and in fact IIRC one of them is essentially for a wheel truing machine.   They easily have enough room for B/D/4/ pending scrap/long term holds/reserve/ and whatever you can think of  train storage.

Scrap trains are taken out when contracts are signed between MTA/NYCT and the scrapper for the cars specified on the contract.

3 hours ago, R179 8258 said:

What about the storage track at Coney Island. Won’t that help out a bit ? I understand the barn situation but what the storage tracks because the B is stored at Concourse for the AM/Pm rush and D is stored at Coney Island for Am/Pm rush 

There are also B trains stored in CIYD and Stillwell Yard.  The timetable determines how many trains are laid up on the Brooklyn end and the Bronx end.  It makes zero sense to have them all laid up on one end because that would delay the entire line getting service distributed across the entire line in the morning.

As for the D, they have put ins coming out of both the Bronx and Brooklyn on the AM rush, PM rush, layups on both ends too of course.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

It's best for the (B) to stay at coney island, Concourse can't handle both (B) and (D) trains and Coney is getting techs anyway since (MTA) want's to retire the majority of the R68 fleet with the option II R211 order. Then you have to factor in Broadway getting CBTC with the R268 order (if awarded). Either way Coney is either going to get R160s back or new R211s. So having the (B) at concourse would be very pointless.

Edited by R32 3838

24 minutes ago, Seth Jonas said:

is 110-175 and 4335-4339 4375-4379 delivered

(1)st of all: The 211S isn't getting delivered UNTIL the pilot completes it's 30-day

(2)nd: If I'm not wrong, Kawasaki does 20 cars/month, 5 cars/week. Wait patiently

1 hour ago, Seth Jonas said:

is 110-175 and 4335-4339 4375-4379 delivered

And it’s not 175, it’s 174. The first R211S 100-104 must pass the 30 day first. You can’t bring them all in one shot! *These uneducated people don’t understand how this works*

1 hour ago, darkstar8983 said:

Did something happen with the R211s on the (A)? Lately only been seeing the R46s

The (C) started using the R211A's so you are going to see more R46's on the (A) or vise versa until the R46's are completely gone form pitkin next year. It makes sense to use more R46s on the (A) because they can lay them up after the peak hour. The (C) only has one lay up that turns into an (A) during the PM rush.