R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

43 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

the Queens Corridor is also the only place where they can actually test CBTC on the 211s

i know that, that's why i said testing in terms of CBTC and etc. They also did cbtc testing with the R179s. I was bringing up how they did more than just test CBTC in queens. They trained the yard masters, barn crew, T/O's and etc on these cars.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, R32 3838 said:

i know that, that's why i said testing in terms of CBTC and etc. They also did cbtc testing with the R179s. I was bringing up how they did more than just test CBTC in queens. They trained the yard masters, barn crew, T/O's and etc on these cars.

fair enough

1 hour ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

This car assignments bulletin from June/July 2024 strangely says that there were 30 R211A’s (3 full length trains) assigned to the (C)https://erausa.org/pdf/bulletin/2020s/2024/2024-07-bulletin.pdf

Did the higher-ups change their minds about that?

.......Oh my god. Even for June and July, there's so many typos on that god-awful chart LOL

2 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

It's funny that some of you guys say it's a rumor when they were sending all the queens crews to pitkin for R211 training.

1 hour ago, R32 3838 said:

I was bringing up how they did more than just test CBTC in queens. They trained the yard masters, barn crew, T/O's and etc on these cars.

Not sure if I have the right idea here, but given this information, I can assume it's just that a time period for the in-service CBTC testing on QBL to happen wasn't decided yet.

14 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

R211A's will start showing up on the (C) at some point. As for the R211s going to Jamaica it's possible they might wait until they get option I cars which should be in a few months. I doubt they did all of that training and testing  in queens for nothing. The talk was Jamaica get some of the base order while some R160s go to the (A) for a brief time to introduce the R211s in revenue service on the (E) (F) and (R) lines to see how they preform in passenger service before giving them a large fleet of them. But some things are subject to change. They probably better off waiting until the (A) and (C) gets their fleet of R211s first then move on to Jamaica.

It's funny that some of you guys say it's a rumor when they were sending all the queens crews to pitkin for R211 training.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Concourse gets all Siemens r160's. It won't cover the whole "D" fleet, but it will cover the majority. 

16 hours ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

This car assignments bulletin from June/July 2024 strangely says that there were 30 R211A’s (3 full length trains) assigned to the (C)https://erausa.org/pdf/bulletin/2020s/2024/2024-07-bulletin.pdf

Did the higher-ups change their minds about that?

Car assignments are only a guide.  As long as the total number of trains are on the line, it's all good. 

Do you think the exact number of R46/68/68A trains are on the N/Q/W lines as published?  No way!   

The yardmasters have enough trouble making full service, let alone having to have the "proper" number of R46/R179/R211 trains on the A/C lines during the rush as published by the suits at 2 Broadway. 

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

On 9/2/2024 at 4:45 PM, Kamen Rider said:

the G is listed as having R160B1s during the AM rush and R160B2s during the PM rush... pretty sure that qualifies as a typo. 

Yes.  Even without the typo, it's ludicrous that a yard dispatcher is going to follow the R160 variations as published to assign to the lines.  An R160 is an R160 to the yard dispatcher. 

All he/she is concerned at JYD is not to mix the Siemens and Alstoms in the same train (although there are errors made from time to time).  And of course not to let cars out of the yard that CED wants for inspection or any other reason.

On 9/3/2024 at 6:22 PM, Bill from Maspeth said:

Yes.  Even without the typo, it's ludicrous that a yard dispatcher is going to follow the R160 variations as published to assign to the lines.  An R160 is an R160 to the yard dispatcher. 

All he/she is concerned at JYD is not to mix the Siemens and Alstoms in the same train (although there are errors made from time to time).  And of course not to let cars out of the yard that CED wants for inspection or any other reason.

Is there a reason Siemens and Alstoms can't run together? They said the same thing about the 68/68A's running together and yet they still do.

Different question, once the entire base order of the R211's are here, what exactly is going to happen to the R46's on the (N)?

10 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Is there a reason Siemens and Alstoms can't run together? They said the same thing about the 68/68A's running together and yet they still do.

Different question, once the entire base order of the R211's are here, what exactly is going to happen to the R46's on the (N)?

Gonna start dropping, 160s should start heading to CIY.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

So the 160 swap was just a gap to make QBL go CBTC?

Well some will stay, not all will go to JAM. From what I know, the alignment will be this:

CIY: 68s mainly for Broadway, 160s mainly for 6th Av and some for Broadway. 
JAM: a mix of 160s and 211s.

PIT/207: 179s and 211s

The J is also supposed to be collaterally effected, I believe.

2 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Well some will stay, not all will go to JAM. From what I know, the alignment will be this:

CIY: 68s mainly for Broadway, 160s mainly for 6th Av and some for Broadway. 
JAM: a mix of 160s and 211s.

PIT/207: 179s and 211s

The J is also supposed to be collaterally effected, I believe.

they would need to send 160s or 211s to CCY as well though, I suspect DCE would want fleet uniformity in yards as best as possible