R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

10 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

This isn’t the first time that the NTTs have been at the 36-38th St Yard. Each car class has been there for certain reasons. R211s 4060-4064 was here in 2022. 

4295-4299 is currently waiting to go to Coney Island 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

I am asking this question once again since I don't think a lot of people saw me ask the first time.

Have the cab signaling issues on the R211S finally been resolved?

Not as of yet. There’s an article from Staten Island Live that mentioned it just a few days ago.

https://www.silive.com/news/2024/06/staten-island-railway-to-get-new-cars-by-end-of-year-but-some-feel-we-dont-deserve-them.html?outputType=amp

Edited by S78 via Hylan

26 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

What do they mean we don't deserve them in SI? They're there for a good reason. They really like old raggedy, ready-for-scrap 44s, huh?

It's political. Most people from SI are Republicans and they are against any project that will help the working class thrive.

In terms of SIR, out with the old in with the new. The r211Ss are there to stay. The process of retiring the r44s will be much quicker than the retirement of the r46s. There are less r44s.

1 hour ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

It's political. Most people from SI are Republicans and they are against any project that will help the working class thrive.

In terms of SIR, out with the old in with the new. The r211Ss are there to stay. The process of retiring the r44s will be much quicker than the retirement of the r46s. There are less r44s.

1 hour ago, Ale188 said:

What do they mean we don't deserve them in SI? They're there for a good reason. They really like old raggedy, ready-for-scrap 44s, huh?

Staten Islanders are against Congestion Pricing is why the R211S cars are delay. And if it’s why the (MTA) & (NYCT) is facing that dilemma, then I suggest SI’rs wait until R268s then 

27 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Staten Islanders are against Congestion Pricing is why the R211S cars are delay. And if it’s why the (MTA) & (NYCT) is facing that dilemma, then I suggest SI’rs wait until R268s then 

the 211S cars arent delayed because of congestion pricing.....theyre delayed because of multiple issues with ATC and the signaling system, I dont know where you got that info from

56 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Wrong. The 211 deliveries actually got faster partially because of the congestion pricing not being effective. I'm with @Comrade96

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

the 211S cars arent delayed because of congestion pricing.....theyre delayed because of multiple issues with ATC and the signaling system, I dont know where you got that info from

Read the article. That’s where I got that from. If that was the case, the R211S would’ve been in service 3 months ago. That’s a bunch of 🐂💩

Edited by FLX9304

34 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Read the article. That’s where I got that from. If that was the case, the R211S would’ve been in service 3 months ago. That’s a bunch of 🐂💩

No, you really got that out of your ass without anything to support it when in reality it was signal compatibility issues and poor planning for training crew. Wanna roll that dice again? 

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

An article can say whatever it wants, I have better,more direct sources, so do a lot of us

Yeah… FLX… who should you trust?

a random reporter writing for a small scale news company?

or actual MTA employees like Comrade and I?

the cars are not integrating with SIR’s cab signal system well enough to be out on the road. Get that sorted out and things will start moving along swimmingly.

remember that this process is a massive change for the SIR. They have no experience with NTTs.

33 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

@Metro CSW are R211s still gonna be delivered?. My friend told me after when 4305-4309 gets delivered we won’t see anymore deliveries in a long while due to Hochul due to the congestion pricing BS. I’m sure they still would do deliveries but don’t take this from me

I believe the deliveries will keep going.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

@Metro CSW are R211s still gonna be delivered?. My friend told me after when 4305-4309 gets delivered we won’t see anymore deliveries in a long while due to Hochul due to the congestion pricing BS. I’m sure they still would do deliveries but don’t take this from me

Base Order ends at 4499. So you’re gonna see more Deliveries. On top of that, Option’s 1 and 2 have already been funded so you will see deliveries regarding those sets. The only thing that is up in the Air in regards to the R-211’s is whether or not Option 2 will be Open Gangways or not.

Edited by LGA Link N Train

2 hours ago, poopybutt123 said:

Wouldn't the Kawasaki factories be (2) train on Sundays crowded if they stopped with the R211s? This is probably the only 'positive' here without congestion pricing. I assume they're still gonna deliver the sets. The plants at Kobe & Lincoln don't need to be crowded with cars like with Winter.

1 hour ago, LGA Link N Train said:

Base Order ends at 4499. So you’re gonna see more Deliveries. On top of that, Option’s 1 and 2 have already been funded so you will see deliveries regarding those sets. The only thing that is up in the Air in regards to the R-211’s is whether or not Option 2 will be Open Gangways or not.

I’m assuming we have all the base order cars built (at least the car shells), as they’ve started car shell manufacturing of the first option R211As jn Japan

4 hours ago, poopybutt123 said:

I think it's BS to blame CP for anything related to fleet deliveries. It would have to be the cars themselves and/or the manufacturer that costs delays like in the fall of last year. It's as simple as the SIR's inexperience with NTT's that caused their own delay in debut.