Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Median said:

Current R211S (SIR) in Yonkers Plantet

105-109

110-114

115-119

120-124

125 (one car)

Oh so a car of set 125-129 got transferred to Yonkers? Good to know.

Guessing it is looking like 126-174 left to be transferred (all R211Ss are built according to presentation)

5 hours ago, nikitos6712 said:

Oh so a car of set 125-129 got transferred to Yonkers? Good to know.

Guessing it is looking like 126-174 left to be transferred (all R211Ss are built according to presentation)

Yes, only 125 is there.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Median said:

Not sure if this was reported or not, but R211As 4250-4259 entered service on (A)line 

It started service on Monday, I believe. But, not a problem, in the future, you can type the car number on the search bar, this topic, the R211 thread to see if it's mentioned or not for the next consist to enter service. 

Edited by Calvin

1 minute ago, Calvin said:

It started service on Monday, I believe. But, not a problem, in the future, you can type the car number on the search bar, this topic, the R211 thread to see if it's mentioned or not for the next consist to enter service. 

Alright, thanks since I was keeping track of my R211 List

27 minutes ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if those two sets get paired together, but only time will tell.

Also, does anyone know if there’s any new information about R211’s possibly going to Jamaica for in-service CBTC testing, or is it still a myth?

4230-4239 is confirmed doing CBTC testing along the (F) line overnight and along QBL

3 hours ago, TrainGamingKing9928 said:

If the MTA indeed wants to run R211’s on QBL for in-service CBTC testing, then I wouldn’t be surprised if that set ends up debuting on the (E), (F), or (R).

CBTC testing gets done there because its the only place they CAN do it at

whether or not Jamaica gets 211s isnt set in stone yet AFAIK

5 minutes ago, Median said:

4295-4299 or 4300-4304 is currently being transferred from Coney Island Yard to Pitkin Yard THIS IS A UNKNOWN SET that was spotted at Coney Island 

It was reported earlier on this page.  Both were delivered this week.

1 hour ago, zacster said:

It was reported earlier on this page.  Both were delivered this week.

I am saying that, one of them is currently being transferred from Coney Island Yard to Pitkin, since one of them has there third rail shoes equipped 

On 6/27/2024 at 12:20 PM, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Unfortunately, she didn't have much of a choice. If congestion pricing started on time, the Democrats will lose the elections, the Republicans will take over and they will permanently put Congestion pricing into halt which will be worse for the MTA.

Let's remember that Republicans are against mass transit projects and they want to force everyone to drive a car, so that car companies can become richer. Not everyone is capable of driving a car and mass transit is needed in the whole US.

As for the 2nd option order of r211s, it has to happen. The MTA just need to look for funding alternatives besides congestion pricing.

Driving cars in NYC isn’t gonna happen. Believe in that dumb stuff that GQPs created. Because your freedom is on the line here. 

1 hour ago, Median said:

I don’t know about that, but 38th St yard is mostly for work train service 

This isn’t the first time that the NTTs have been at the 36-38th St Yard. Each car class has been there for certain reasons. R211s 4060-4064 was here in 2022. 

11 hours ago, MTA Video Capture said:

A transit worker has told me that all of these should get delivered next month, I can not confirm this however.

This is not getting delivered until the R211S enter service on the (SIR)