East New York

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, nikitos6712 said:

An overlooked part I noticed; it appears that manufacturing of option order cars (if not, then car parts) in Japan has started.

- June 2024 board meeting materials, Page27

Nevermind lol

Edited by Ale188
Found info

Maybe the R211S cars (if they’re still technically identical to the R211As at the factory) should be renumbered to the next 50 or so cars so that way they get delivered faster to Pitkin to finish off the R46s, especially since the Staten Island Pilot cars haven’t been testing much (unless there’s an announcement coming regarding the 30-day test soon)

17 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Yet its Funny if one has a Put-in out of the Yard they can only charge up the train and Leave in Restricted Manual Mode..

When WSP kicks in down in the Portal then we have to switch to ATPM Mode..

So Question regarding that. When Switching between ATO, ATPM, and Restricted Manual Mode, do you guys have to do it manually or does the system automatically do that for you?

6 hours ago, LGA Link N Train said:

So Question regarding that. When Switching between ATO, ATPM, and Restricted Manual Mode, do you guys have to do it manually or does the system automatically do that for you?

WSP kicks in once the train Leaves CBTC territory (ATPM Mode).

ATO kicks in by itself on equipped trains if not ATPM Mode it is.

RMs are given out by OCC(and CTL tower as i found out).

We have to move the knob to RM once we get it then Normalize it back once the RM is no longer needed.

13 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

Maybe the R211S cars (if they’re still technically identical to the R211As at the factory) should be renumbered to the next 50 or so cars so that way they get delivered faster to Pitkin to finish off the R46s, especially since the Staten Island Pilot cars haven’t been testing much (unless there’s an announcement coming regarding the 30-day test soon)

They can't do that since the cars are built and they are spec'ed differently and it would cost them money. There is no need to rush as 8th ave CBTC is pretty much delayed. In (MTA) terms 2025 means 2026 (early 2026).

15 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

Not going to happen. The R211S fleet is specially built with cab-signaling equipment to run in Staten Island.

Regarding the hierarchy, how does the Division of Car Equipment decide what cars go where? I'm asking because, if I'm a superintendent of a line or someone higher up in management, wouldn't I have a say on what equipment should make up my line? I'm looking for how the hierarchy works in terms of decision-making, thanks.

4 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Not going to happen. The R211S fleet is specially built with cab-signaling equipment to run in Staten Island.

That’s what I was unsure about. If the equipment is already pre-built into the cars or if that was was an MTA-specific modification made when the cars arrive. Thanks everyone

26 minutes ago, nikitos6712 said:

The count is actually higher than that, considering 95 R211As are in production. The count is really at 4389.

You sure thats the highest unit? Chance it could be higher.

27 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

You sure thats the highest unit? Chance it could be higher.

In production yes; but it’s definitely higher considering we have some of the first option cars being built in Japan

4 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

according to the MTA documents we wont see OO1 cars until next year

That's probably the main reason why 8th Avenue CBTC is delayed.

Let's not forget that the "A", "C", "D" need to be fully NTTs (with some NTTs on the "B") before 8th Avenue CBTC is active. 

OO1 won't be enough to make the "B" fully NTTs, but OO2 and 6th Avenue CBTC will.

11 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

They can't do that since the cars are built and they are spec'ed differently and it would cost them money. There is no need to rush as 8th ave CBTC is pretty much delayed. In (MTA) terms 2025 means 2026 (early 2026).

Makes sense.

This delay will allow Concourse to displace the r68's to CI in exchange of Jamaica's r160's or OO1.

2025 will most likely be the year that the "D" will change subway fleet, which hasn't happened since the mid 1980's.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Makes sense.

This delay will allow Concourse to displace the r68's to CI in exchange of Jamaica's r160's or OO1.

2025 will most likely be the year that the "D" will change subway fleet, which hasn't happened since the mid 1980's.

The A division (minus the (6)/(7) fleet swap) has been pretty stagnant in terms of car assignments for about 20 years, but it's kinda crazy but somehow easy to forgot how most of the B div line fleets have completely changed in 10 years. Compared to even 10 years ago only the (B),(D), (M) ,(E), and (L) have the exact same fleet. Been so used to seeing the 68s on 6th Av that new techs will feel different, but having 68s on Broadway will be nice. I still think that OO1 is better for Jamaica than Concourse though.

Edited by slantfan4281