Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

3 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

they dont need a reason to 1 in 3 you 1 in 3 IS the reason

If they have 1 position open and 3 people trying to get into that position, only 1 will be chosen

I’m scared/paranoid right now… I might be a victim to the 1/3 rule from the 4600 exam.

Edited by 2ride

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Comrade96 said:

You need to chill, that list hasnt even been established yet.......

For the recent station agent exam that I took, I was told to fill out an appeal form to make sure I had the proper education and work experienced needed to qualify for the job. I filled out the appeal and had made sure everything added to 100% especially since I had a full time customer service job and computerized job at a different industry. I still received the same email/letter saying I wasn’t qualified like before. I disagree because they keep sending the same rejection letter by default and I qualify. I’ve been doing customer service for years. Can I go to pierrepoint building tomorrow to dispute it because they keep making this mistake?

39 minutes ago, 2ride said:

For the recent station agent exam that I took, I was told to fill out an appeal form to make sure I had the proper education and work experienced needed to qualify for the job. I filled out the appeal and had made sure everything added to 100% especially since I had a full time customer service job and computerized job at a different industry. I still received the same email/letter saying I wasn’t qualified like before. I disagree because they keep sending the same rejection letter by default and I qualify. I’ve been doing customer service for years. Can I go to pierrepoint building tomorrow to dispute it because they keep making this mistake?

im not 100% sure but you could always try. Bring all your required proof/evidence

3 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

im not 100% sure but you could always try. Bring all your required proof/evidence

I sent an email to exams unit once I finished the appeal twice saying to review both versions because I edited the second one due to a part time job.

I’ve worked at 2 different stores (one of them was full time customer service facing) in the past and have railroad contracting experience as well. I’ve listed all 3 of them on the EE forms. I even listed college degree. 

Edited by 2ride

• 3 weeks later...

At this point, I’ve lawyered up against MTA.. found a way to pay the attorney fees also. Let’s see if they can last against this one… I have official evidence that I have over the minimum requirements they were looking for, for the position. 

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Peterqq55 said:

Does getting a red light violation stop you from getting hired as a Conductor? I just got one would it affect me in a big way?

Just make sure it’s paid before you go there in person. It will affect you in a big way if you don’t pay that. They won’t let you in if you have any pending/outstanding tickets or traffic violations 

Edited by goliver28