Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, 2ride said:

Time for people to start documenting everything the subways does during hiring process so in case they get more lawsuits this time, we have emails/paperwork to prove it for defense.

my man, you need to chill out

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

my man, you need to chill out

They can do anything without civil service law. Why should the candidates on purposely let the organization screw them over like that? Unless they aren’t competent to do the job or on drugs, there’s no reason to skip them especially after paying $70 to take the exam to get called

Edited by 2ride

1 hour ago, MikeBonds said:

Off topic though, my pass says LIRR will metro north give me a problem if I try to get on their trains? 

I have metro north and been using LIRR for months and no problem. Apparently there’s a new contract where it shouldn’t matter anymore. Also if you want to play it safe, use your thumb and block the “L”

19 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

I have metro north and been using LIRR for months and no problem. Apparently there’s a new contract where it shouldn’t matter anymore. Also if you want to play it safe, use your thumb and block the “L”

Appreciate the help! 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MikeBonds said:

Off topic though, my pass says LIRR will metro north give me a problem if I try to get on their trains? 

I wanna say like 99.9% of railroad conductors will let you rock. The 0.1% prob wouldn’t even ride their own mother. 

Edited by danielhg121

On 7/12/2024 at 9:23 AM, +Young+ said:

From my personal experience, if you disclose in your pre-employment packet that you were a former NYC Transit or MTA employee, then they will automatically use the 1-in-3 rule. As an example, I failed the Bus Operator Training Session in February of 2014, and, when they reached my name for the position of Track Worker, they sent me a 1-in-3 letter with a very vague explanation.

Any time frame?

On 7/12/2024 at 9:23 AM, +Young+ said:

From my personal experience, if you disclose in your pre-employment packet that you were a former NYC Transit or MTA employee, then they will automatically use the 1-in-3 rule. As an example, I failed the Bus Operator Training Session in February of 2014, and, when they reached my name for the position of Track Worker, they sent me a 1-in-3 letter with a very vague explanation.

Damn , so I’m guessing if u got terminated earlier this year from a title but was on another list for another title that’s still open , you may get black balled without a doubt going by that statement 

3 minutes ago, SD2024 said:

Damn , so I’m guessing if u got terminated earlier this year from a title but was on another list for another title that’s still open , you may get black balled without a doubt going by that statement 

Anyone here ever got back in after a couple years passed?

2 minutes ago, Bartown said:

Anyone here ever got back in after a couple years passed?

Yea I heard stories of ppls coming back before after years  but also been told u can come back sooner long as it’s another title , don’t know how true it is or if those people knew somebody or jus luck up , I’m tryna find out that info for myself now 

8 minutes ago, SD2024 said:

Yea I heard stories of ppls coming back before after years  but also been told u can come back sooner long as it’s another title , don’t know how true it is or if those people knew somebody or jus luck up , I’m tryna find out that info for myself now 

Yea me as well 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Steve said:

wait, so will 4600 have a different process than the one talked about in this thread?

When i applied for the First Open Competitive test i sent my filing fee to DCAS...

If im correct Folks with this test sent thier filling Fee to the MTA...

That alone is a Big Difference.

Edited by RTOMan

2 hours ago, SD2024 said:

If there is no other reason why he failed the training besides he hasn’t had a shot with a different position yet and he ends up getting blackballed with another vague statement, he can sue. I think it’s a violation of the EEO.

1 hour ago, 2ride said:

If there is no other reason why he failed the training besides he hasn’t had a shot with a different position yet and he ends up getting blackballed with another vague statement, he can sue. I think it’s a violation of the EEO.

And I even have the paperwork to prove it...go figure....

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

And I even have the paperwork to prove it...go figure....

I hope they let you back in and give you a chance. Everyone deserves a chance at a job because maybe the first one wasn’t a good fit and maybe another one is better. Too bad it isn’t up to us to decide on that 

Edited by 2ride

15 hours ago, 2ride said:

I hope they let you back in and give you a chance. Everyone deserves a chance at a job because maybe the first one wasn’t a good fit and maybe another one is better....

I agree, however I don't think that's going to happen, however that's just me.

• 2 weeks later...

so ive learned from some cleaner buddies of mine, that one of the 2023 cr promotional exam lists have been established recently

Now, this MAY OR MAY NOT indicate that they are planning to sunset this test next feb and not renew it

Im not 100% sure but dont be surprised if it doesnt, theres another promotional c/r exam list that has yet to be established

• 2 weeks later...