Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/27/2024 at 9:02 AM, Comrade96 said:

next one should be sometime next month, IIRC theres a class each month till december

Thank you. 

I'm now waiting for DCAS to respond to my request to be reinstated to the list. Does anyone know how long it normally takes for a response? It's been about 2 weeks so far.

I'm waiting for DCAS to respond to my request to be reinstated to the list. Does anyone know how long it normally takes for a response? It's been about 2 weeks so far, and I have all my requested medical ready to submit. Are there any suggestions on what I should do?

26 minutes ago, mic said:

I'm waiting for DCAS to respond to my request to be reinstated to the list. Does anyone know how long it normally takes for a response? It's been about 2 weeks so far, and I have all my requested medical ready to submit. Are there any suggestions on what I should do?

2 weeks????? When I emailed them in the past they responded in 2 days

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make this as short as possible; I did my pre-employment and medical in the beginning of this year. I was placed on medical hold to complete a sleep study.  I got a CPAP machine and have been using it. I sent out an email to schedule an appointment to get my medical hold cleared, they got back to me and said that I need to send an email to get my name back on the list, which I did. I got a response saying my name was placed back on the list; this was back in the month May of this year. I haven't heard from anyone at the MTA ever since then. I tried emailing and calling the office but no response. This whole process has been frustrating to spend time and money and do everything they require of me and not get any response. I don't even have the desire to go to the office in person to get an update. I'm starting to get 2nd thoughts about this job. I just think like if this is what the process is to get the job, Lord knows how disorganized the MTA actually is. Anyone else going through the same thing? or feel how I feel?

8 minutes ago, R0cky said:

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make this as short as possible; I did my pre-employment and medical in the beginning of this year. I was placed on medical hold to complete a sleep study.  I got a CPAP machine and have been using it. I sent out an email to schedule an appointment to get my medical hold cleared, they got back to me and said that I need to send an email to get my name back on the list, which I did. I got a response saying my name was placed back on the list; this was back in the month May of this year. I haven't heard from anyone at the MTA ever since then. I tried emailing and calling the office but no response. This whole process has been frustrating to spend time and money and do everything they require of me and not get any response. I don't even have the desire to go to the office in person to get an update. I'm starting to get 2nd thoughts about this job. I just think like if this is what the process is to get the job, Lord knows how disorganized the MTA actually is. Anyone else going through the same thing? or feel how I feel?

I feel ur pain… i was place on medical hold because i said yes to a medication i was taking but mind you i did pass the medical. I was given a paper for my doctor to sign about the medication and sent the email in to clear the hold only to get a response that mta not hiring now and will contact me as soon hiring begins again.. 

13 minutes ago, R0cky said:

Hello everyone,

I went through the SAME EXACT THING with the sleep apnea 3 years ago. Yes I know how you feel as well. I was on medical hold and didn’t get to clear within 90 days. They took my name off the list. I emailed them and they restored my name back. I didn’t get the proper explanation as to what happens after I restore my name back. It’s almost impossible to get them on the phone. I had to go in person to ask questions and they still didn’t properly explain it to me. I had to use common sense and make sense of it. 13 months later they contacted me again that they’re considering me for the position and i had to do the whole process all over again. 

3 hours ago, Bartown said:

I feel ur pain… i was place on medical hold because i said yes to a medication i was taking but mind you i did pass the medical. I was given a paper for my doctor to sign about the medication and sent the email in to clear the hold only to get a response that mta not hiring now and will contact me as soon hiring begins again.. 

this most likely means the remaining classes for the year have already been filled and there arent any more planned at the moment.

Keep in mind the test is up for renewal/expiration Feb 2025

8 hours ago, R0cky said:

Hello everyone,

That's the process. Many have gone through it. It's just the way the process is set up. They have to over process ppl just incase they have some unqualified or drop outs. So if they they need 60 ppl for example, they'll call 100. If most of those ppl still qualify during processing..then the extra 40 ppl will just still be on standby and many times have to do the process all over again because their drug tests expired. MTA does it purposely to have a safety net of ppl already processed just incase ppl do last minute drop outs or ppl not making their medical clearances on time. So yea its annoying for those waiting, but u have to understand why they do it. 

Also, they started to call ppl from a promotional list from the stations dept today. So the upcoming classes will be a mix of brand new ppl and promotional hires. So that's also gonna cut into the amount of ppl getting called from off the street. They usually take atleast 10 promotional ppl per class, and everyone else will be from the open competitive exam.

1 hour ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

That's the process. Many have gone through it. It's just the way the process is set up. They have to over process ppl just incase they have some unqualified or drop outs. So if they they need 60 ppl for example, they'll call 100. If most of those ppl still qualify during processing..then the extra 40 ppl will just still be on standby and many times have to do the process all over again because their drug tests expired. MTA does it purposely to have a safety net of ppl already processed just incase ppl do last minute drop outs or ppl not making their medical clearances on time. So yea its annoying for those waiting, but u have to understand why they do it. 

Also, they started to call ppl from a promotional list from the stations dept today. So the upcoming classes will be a mix of brand new ppl and promotional hires. So that's also gonna cut into the amount of ppl getting called from off the street. They usually take atleast 10 promotional ppl per class, and everyone else will be from the open competitive exam.

theres also ANOTHER conductor promotional they havent even established yet

Thank you for all your responses. I appreciate the insights into the MTA's process. While it's frustrating, it helps to know that others have experienced similar delays and that there's a method behind the madness. I've been trying to stay patient and hopeful for an opportunity. whatever happens I've learned some things through my experience like finding out I have moderate sleep apnea, and I do notice an improvement in my quality of sleep utilizing the CPAP. I am grateful. I am praying for all of those who are going through the process and those of you who serve on the job. Thanks again for sharing your experiences and advice. Love, Peace & Grace to you all from our Lord Jesus Christ. 

21 minutes ago, R0cky said:

Thank you for all your responses. I appreciate the insights into the MTA's process. While it's frustrating, it helps to know that others have experienced similar delays and that there's a method behind the madness. I've been trying to stay patient and hopeful for an opportunity. whatever happens I've learned some things through my experience like finding out I have moderate sleep apnea, and I do notice an improvement in my quality of sleep utilizing the CPAP. I am grateful. I am praying for all of those who are going through the process and those of you who serve on the job. Thanks again for sharing your experiences and advice. Love, Peace & Grace to you all from our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Since you mentioned God, I’m gonna tell you another piece of advice. Last year, about a month or 2 before I got my second chance with MTA, I was working my old(and miserable) job. I knew I digging myself an early grave with that job. I said to myself that I leave it in the hands of God and I kept the faith. Then a month or 2 later I got the email and got the job. Just keep the faith and hopefully it all works out.

23 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

Since you mentioned God, I’m gonna tell you another piece of advice. Last year, about a month or 2 before I got my second chance with MTA, I was working my old(and miserable) job. I knew I digging myself an early grave with that job. I said to myself that I leave it in the hands of God and I kept the faith. Then a month or 2 later I got the email and got the job. Just keep the faith and hopefully it all works out.

Yea I believe that happens with alot of ppl lol. The moment u forget about waiting after months or years of expecting a call, thats usually when MTA randomly calls lol. I had the same experience. 

Edited by Jsalcedo718