Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

30 minutes ago, mattbackupaccount said:

Tough luck I got surgery July 26

i probably get  a hold for my  medical so I should be  delayed to probably next year 

My backup is tsa

either job choice is good choices 

I don’t mind wearing a hearing aid to work ..

you just keep throwing wrenches at your shot to work here huh? put yourself back ok the cleaner list just in case this test wont be renewed

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

you just keep throwing wrenches at your shot to work here huh? put yourself back ok the cleaner list just in case this test wont be renewed

Huh?

English please

Why can’t I work here?

just being deaf is a issue to you

i got a small tumor on my spine for  months, dude!

it is small operation.

Don’t even know me

So you shouldn’t be judging crazy

, dude

what are you smoking?

Edited by mattbackupaccount

You have completely misunderstood everything they’ve been saying to you… the “can’t here ‘is this express” was not about your hearing, but the overzealous TA medical staff who will sideline just about anybody for any reason.

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2024 at 11:17 PM, Kamen Rider said:

...but the overzealous TA medical staff who will sideline just about anybody for any reason.

I agree 100% about this. Here is a personal example:

Back in December of 2013, when I was going for my physical for the Bus Operator position, they diagnosed me with "muscular dystrophy" in my legs. After going to my Primary Care Physician, who referred me to a neurologist, they revised my diagnosis to "muscle spam" with the treatment consisting of "intermittent stretching."

Although I failed the Bus Operator Training Session, to make a long story short: Ten years later, I have had nothing amputated, nothing removed, I stopped seeing the neurologist before the pandemic and I stretch only before and after doing rigorous exercise, such as swimming, cycling, a fast and/or long walk, etc.

(And, from my perspective, this is because I'm not the best when it comes to squatting, respectively.)

Go figure.

Edited by +Young+

On 7/3/2024 at 11:15 AM, nickx2 said:

Hey, I got an email in may scheduling me for an appointment for pre employment thing on 6/7 but due to extenuating circumstances (no phone, hectic schedule) i didnt see the message till yesterday. 

Is it possible to reschedule this even though its been almost a month? Or am i cooked?

you would have to reinstate yourself back on the list. No one knows if the test will be extended again 

2 hours ago, uRbAnist1120 said:

Hey y’all ,

new to the forum. I actually just got myself reinstated for the conductor list 6601, my list number is 23xx, how soon do you think they could call me back?

Its unknown if the list will be extended again at this point, or if itll get recertified again 

On 7/1/2024 at 11:17 PM, Kamen Rider said:

You have completely misunderstood everything they’ve been saying to you… the “can’t here ‘is this express” was not about your hearing, but the overzealous TA medical staff who will sideline just about anybody for any reason.

I was kinda just pointing out that not hearing could be beneficial because I'm tired of hearing "is this Express?" Every day.  🤣 Especially at midnight. 

4 hours ago, uRbAnist1120 said:

Hey y’all ,

new to the forum. I actually just got myself reinstated for the conductor list 6601, my list number is 23xx, how soon do you think they could call me back?

When I went down in the beginning of the year in January I was told that the list was going to be extended until February 2025, I was hired in February 2024 but honestly someone told me that the list can end once they fill the requirements for conductor slots, so who knows when and truly the list will end, I see a lot of conductor classes coming out since I’ve been out and the last class had over 100 potential C/R candidates, my induction class had only 37 in which 34/37 qualified, so really it all depends on Transit, also they still have to get to the promotional list so again it’s all on how transit wants to approach this 

1 minute ago, MikeBonds said:

When I went down in the beginning of the year in January I was told that the list was going to be extended until February 2025, I was hired in February 2024 but honestly someone told me that the list can end once they fill the requirements for conductor slots, so who knows when and truly the list will end, I see a lot of conductor classes coming out since I’ve been out and the last class had over 100 potential C/R candidates, my induction class had only 37 in which 34/37 qualified, so really it all depends on Transit, also they still have to get to the promotional list so again it’s all on how transit wants to approach this 

Frankly, if I was a transit worker who took the promotional test last year and they're still hiring off this old list, I'd be pissed at this point. Seniority goes a long way. Even one spot away on the list can mean you get the job you want or for that matter avoid the job you don't want.

4 hours ago, uRbAnist1120 said:

Hey y’all ,

Could be awhile as they'd have to certify a new list of candidates to pull from. Good luck.

6 hours ago, MikeBonds said:

Makes me wonder how long I’ll need to wait until they reach 4600 exam…

Seems like the constant question on the forum is still how long it will take? The short answer is we couldn’t tell you. Everyone’s experience is different . Just be prepared, if you need to consult your doctor for any medical issues do it before you get called in for medical. If you need your drivers license renewed or diploma or whatnot get it before you go through pre-employment. Everything things slow with transit till it’s not. When they’re ready to hire they try and push people in to fill up school car classes. Best of luck to those in the process.

28 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Seems like the constant question on the forum is still how long it will take? The short answer is we couldn’t tell you. Everyone’s experience is different . Just be prepared, if you need to consult your doctor for any medical issues do it before you get called in for medical. If you need your drivers license renewed or diploma or whatnot get it before you go through pre-employment. Everything things slow with transit till it’s not. When they’re ready to hire they try and push people in to fill up school car classes. Best of luck to those in the process.

This comment right here! Get all your bloodwork done just in case you have any kind of medical issue so that you’re prepared to show proof. Also if you think there’s any chance you may have sleep apnea, do a sleep study. This happened to me in 2021 where I was put on medical hold until i did a sleep study and was on a CPAP for 30 straight days for at least 4 hours with low AHI’s. The process took long and I missed my opportunity to get hired. It took a year and a half for them to call me again, but since I was already on the CPAP I didn’t have a problem. Please take advantage and be 10 steps ahead so that you don’t risk losing your chance in this job. 

5 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Do they care about high blood pressure or high cholesterol or not??

I don’t know about high cholesterol but definitely blood pressure. They’re strict in the medical department. If anything strikes a red flag you will be on medical hold until you provide what they require from you.