MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

4588 that was retired months back is now reactivated from EC,  bus was in service earlier today on the Q50, so that makes 4487-4488,4506 and now 4588 of the NGs that are in passenger service.

Wouldn't be surprised if 4247 gets reactivated next, as that bus still has a farebox.

8 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

4588 that was retired months back is now reactivated from EC,  bus was in service earlier today on the Q50, so that makes 4487-4488,4506 and now 4588 of the NGs that are in passenger service.

I wonder why they are still holding on to those NG’s. They already have all their new XD40s unless those XD40s are having issues. 

2 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I wonder why they are still holding on to those NG’s. They already have all their new XD40s unless those XD40s are having issues. 

One of their units have issues. From what I’ve heard, some XD-40 units of theirs are out of service, not in service since last month. They are playing it safe by holding on to the current Next Gens to fill in for service (while the XD-40s go through detailed maintenance), otherwise Eastchester would have a shortage with all their XD-40s. 

Edited by Calvin