MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, poopybutt123 said:

It’s like I already know this..? and 4216 is infact retired 

The thing is, some buses like that one you described are sometimes still registered as active in the system. Some OG hybrids were still in the JFK list even though they had fareboxes removed and were sitting there for weeks, for example. Buses are considered retired once they’re towed away for the most part. Pretty sure this is not the first time you’ve been told to not hastily report buses that had no farebox, but you keep doing it anyways. Just take it easy. This isn’t a race to be the first guy with the exclusive report.

For the second time, 6033 from Stengel had caught fire yesterday. Judging by the damage I witnessed, it may be getting scrapped.

The first time it happened was not caused by the bus, but rather trash next to the bus being the cause of the fire. This is the second time where this happened, and sadly it was the bus. The fire suppression system did not go off, resulting in the fire.

Edited by RSMG106

15 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

For the second time, 6033 from Stengel had caught fire yesterday. Judging by the damage I witnessed, it may be getting scrapped.

The first time it happened was not caused by the bus, but rather trash next to the bus being the cause of the fire. This is the second time where this happened, and sadly it was the bus. The fire suppression system did not go off, resulting in the fire.

What part of the bus it started from