MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, 3782: Baisley Park is back in-service. It was at the depot getting fixed with the not to use signage at that time it wasn't out on the road. However, farebox still in tact and the old gen count is at 15. 

Edited by Calvin

44 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Is the bus roster in your signature up to date?

I never go out of my way to say its 100% accurate as I don't have direct insider access to info like some others seem to do. The closest thing I have to that is @TransitMan0251 providing info either in direct messaging or on the forums. Other than that, I rely on old info, posts on these forums, or if I happen to spot something outdoors. I have worked on the site for over 4 years now, but I would never say my site is the site to check for accurate info. I do take pride in knowing a lot of people have used my roster site for reference even when ttmg was the site to go to for the latest info.

15 hours ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

#2472 Ulmer Park is rumored to be retired, with it's sign and OMNY pad stripped.

Unit has not run since July 1st of last year.

Waiting for confirmation or rebuttal.

Turns out #2472 had a transmission failure, and is INDEED retired.

First 2011 Prevost to bite the dust.

4 hours ago, Calvin said:

4384, 4395, 4396 and 4401: pending removal from passenger service. These 4 are on hold at the depot not to use signage when QV reaches to 57 LFS units, they’ll be retired to ECH

With that being said, this will conclude the Orion era at Queens Village after nearly 20 years (2004-2023). As of right now, Casey Stengel will become the last Queens NYCT depot to continue operating Orions.

At Castleton, 2223 is retired. This 2008 CT has no farebox from the looks of the unit as said from the bus operator going to ECH for scrap.  

* 3 old CT units that are running for now are 2217, 2224 and 2228. 

Edited by Calvin
The farebox was moved to Prevost 2716 as its back on the road after the Ida storm.

* 4444: Kingsbridge pending retirement to ECH. 

This unit is sitting at the depot itself but on the not use area with farebox blocked. As I was with a buddy (who's a b/o) out of the said depot chatting about our busy days and life, we were talking about the Yankees opening that was taking place this Thursday that the 161 St would be crowded. Although, it was brought up from KB that starting, April 2nd, their new pick, the Next Gens will be removed from the KB roster and no longer needed. They have enough Nova LFS units to cover local service. 

Edited by Calvin
* Also not an April fools week joke. KB will not have the Next Gens by this Sunday, this week, 3/26-4/1 will be the last.

On 3/22/2023 at 11:36 AM, Transit Enthusiast said:

Turns out #2472 had a transmission failure, and is INDEED retired.

First 2011 Prevost to bite the dust.

2472 was not retired. It was sent to the Volvo facility in Secaucus, New Jersey for overhaul.