MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

It ran on the 58 earlier today.

Okay got it. So I think 4093 should probably be swapped for 4101 (assuming that unit is actually done for good).

Btw, I use your site all the time to track unit/depot assignments (since TTMG can no longer be used); and I find it to be very reliable.

22 minutes ago, RandomRider0101 said:

Okay got it. So I think 4093 should probably be swapped for 4101 (assuming that unit is actually done for good).

Btw, I use your site all the time to track unit/depot assignments (since TTMG can no longer be used); and I find it to be very reliable.

I wouldn't say my site is the most accurate as I do not have direct insider information like some posters seem to have here. I heavily rely on posts from this forum and my own observations if I'm out (which is hard to do. I can't be everywhere all at once). I do appreciate those that use it as a basis to get an idea as to what a depot MIGHT have, but not as the defacto roster. I wouldn't make a stink if someone reputable says my site is not accurate.

14 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

I wouldn't say my site is the most accurate as I do not have direct insider information like some posters seem to have here. I heavily rely on posts from this forum and my own observations if I'm out (which is hard to do. I can't be everywhere all at once). I do appreciate those that use it as a basis to get an idea as to what a depot MIGHT have, but not as the defacto roster. I wouldn't make a stink if someone reputable says my site is not accurate.

I agree 100%. I use both this site and yours to help me determine which units are where and what the quantities are at each depot.

57 minutes ago, Authorized03 said:

3863 is NOT retired and is out running on the M22. check your facts before making a report

And 3941 was in Lower Manhattan not too long ago.....they're not going just yet.

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

Those will be gone after tonight

Unless there is solid, concrete information, I don't believe that's happening. Someone said that their fareboxes and OMNY readers were taken out, which is clearly not true.

They're all also listed as in-service buses, all 5 NGs in fact.

I have doubts that they'll actually retired those 3 NGs by tomorrow.

Edited by Cait Sith

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

They actually were not running at the time of my post, but ok.

They actually were. They were still logged in and in service. 3863 didn't pull in till 1:35am from the M22 after completing its last trip to Battery Park City. 3941 was deadheading up West Street and pulled in around 1:05am-1:10am.

They were probably set to be retired after their time in service, but they were definitely not retired at the time of your posting.

Edited by Cait Sith

More NGs sent to scrap and yet buses like 3581 3594 3623 and 3736 are kept running.  Some of them should've been sent to depots with OGs to get them out quicker.  They need to stop scrapping so many NGs before the OGs.  Why are they doing things so backwards?  These NG buses must be in really bad shape.  Can't wait for them to be all gone.

13 minutes ago, The Grizzly Bear said:

More NGs sent to scrap and yet buses like 3581 3594 3623 and 3736 are kept running.  Some of them should've been sent to depots with OGs to get them out quicker.  They need to stop scrapping so many NGs before the OGs.  Why are they doing things so backwards?  These NG buses must be in really bad shape.  Can't wait for them to be all gone.

Apparently NYCT vehicles have more mileage than their MTA BUS counterparts. LaGuardia even retired a few NGs from NYCT, such as 4540, 4615, 4627, etc.

35 minutes ago, The Grizzly Bear said:

LaGuardia's local routes carry the most mileage than JFK and Baisley Park. It's said that the maintenance isn't that well compared to the other two. In the results, the NYCT units ran a lot bc they are used as Subway Shuttles often and the current maintenance that caused an early retirement for them. Although, they do keep the parts of the Next Gens for more incoming units. 

If they get more Next Gen units and have enough to remove the old gens, the 4 that's listed may still be on stand-by in-case of unknown early retirements for the NYCT Next Gens. 

Edited by Calvin
gathered info from different thread