Spring Creek To The Rescue (2090 on the QM15)

I was kinda surprised that this happened. I saw when going home towards midtown (did a double-take too). This is the bus going on its way to Lindenwood

18751390521_fb6f208c29_b.jpg1999 MCI 102-DLW3SS 2090 on the QM15 at Woodhaven Blvd/ Eliot Avenue by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

Now here's a regular MCI Unit from FR

18561151018_1757dd6b1c_b.jpg2006 MCI D4500CL 3240 on the QM15 at Woodhaven Blvd/Eliot Avenue by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

As of late, I've been seeing quite a bit of buses (in service) with totally different depot decals than the one the route were running on, run out of - This year much more so than ever.....

Buses are being transferred from place to place to place & I'm getting the sense that the MTA isn't bothering with changing the decals as timely/instantaneously as they used to....

Sorry to dump on the Spring Creek isn't growing increasingly incompetent, parade.....

I see a lot of Depots don't even bother with relabeling with moves between agencies .... JFK never bothers, the D60s just recently got relabeled from NYCT to MTAB. ECH is the only MTAB depot that relabels almost immediately still.  A lot of RTS and O5s that moved back to NYCT still carry MTAB labeling. 

Everything needs to just stay MTA New York City Bus, that's gotta be a PITA to keep relabeling after moves between the agencies, and some buses relabelings look Sloppy as hell.... i.e MTA                    Bus 8899

I see a lot of Depots don't even bother with relabeling with moves between agencies .... JFK never bothers, the D60s just recently got relabeled from NYCT to MTAB. ECH is the only MTAB depot that relabels almost immediately still.  A lot of RTS and O5s that moved back to NYCT still carry MTAB labeling. 

Everything needs to just stay MTA New York City Bus, that's gotta be a PITA to keep relabeling after moves between the agencies, and some buses relabelings look Sloppy as hell.... i.e MTA                    Bus 8899

Spring Creek's CT buses are like that too; presumably they were probably gonna go to a NYCT depot, but things changed. Seriously though, as much as it is annoying (in which I agree with you), the could probably wouldn't care, since it's more of a priority to have the bus rolling, like in the picture above. If it wasn't an old MCI or a loan of some sort, a hybrid would've been doing that run. There's been times where Hybrids have ran on the QM15, QM16, and QM17 (last time that happened was in the PM rush last month).

As of late, I've been seeing quite a bit of buses (in service) with totally different depot decals than the one the route were running on, run out of - This year much more so than ever.....

Buses are being transferred from place to place to place & I'm getting the sense that the MTA isn't bothering with changing the decals as timely/instantaneously as they used to....

Sorry to dump on the Spring Creek isn't growing increasingly incompetent, parade.....

Eh, Spring Creek has many different fleets (and more of the CT/"newer" MCI's, but aside from that, I don't really like much of what goes on. If CP had all those different fleets and had CT's, that would be perfect. For me, CP is my favorite depot out of all the MTA depots. I just thought it was pretty interesting though, gotta thank SC for that (lol). That is even more rarer than finding a hybrid on the QM15 (as a matter of a fact, it's never happen before). That would've been the case if SC didn't loan that bus. It's better to have an old MCI compared to a hybrid. The old MCI's are pretty comfortable, and they've held up pretty good, and have good air conditioning (to the point where I've frozen on some of them).

The 3 DL3s from Spring Creek are still here but it has not been touched for a long time 

Actually, one of them has ran constantly (2131), but it didn't have tracking devices on ever. 2090 and 2125 are the only ones with it; 2125 ran today on the BM5, and 2090's tracking device is just hit or miss (I couldn't even track the bus going towards midtown, because it was sporadic). It then showed up on the return trip, and disappeared again. It also happened once when I was tracking it on the BM5.

Archived