15984229400_813e837fca_b.jpgIMG_8305_6061 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

15985764367_7870eb671e_b.jpgIMG_8307_6063 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

16170798042_0c0acd8876_b.jpgIMG_8309_6065 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

15984108318_ef16b96260_b.jpgIMG_8313_6069 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

15985761207_ab02422b2f_b.jpgIMG_8317_6073 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

15985491129_d0905b8d35_b.jpgIMG_8369_6125 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

15551769653_e2cd20374a_b.jpgIMG_8370_6126 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

15984104218_5d53176c25_b.jpgIMG_8376_6132 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

I'm still waiting for DUMBO Heights - No, not the former Jehovah Witness bldg. that was taken over/bought out, but, a funky combination of DUMBO & Brooklyn Heights.... I want to see how they're going to pull that off....

I keep saying this (offline) and I'm sticking to my guns.... Brooklyn is being transformed into Manhattan South, and it started with the whole MetroTech project (which was supposed to resemble Silicon Valley initially, but never came to fruition).....

Keep it up, and the 4 boroughs are going to eventually resemble suburbs - The (urban) suburbs of Manhattan.

DUMBO itself, it still has too grungy a feel to it for my tastes - especially the closer you get to the bridge/Vinegar Hill.... Even though I miss downtown brooklyn when it was "hood", they did do a nice job with the aesthetic appeal to/of the area..... Guess we have DUMBO to thank for the existence of the B25 - because without it, the MTA was going to cut that route back in 2010....

I'm still waiting for DUMBO Heights - No, not the former Jehovah Witness bldg. that was taken over/bought out, but, a funky combination of DUMBO & Brooklyn Heights.... I want to see how they're going to pull that off....

I keep saying this (offline) and I'm sticking to my guns.... Brooklyn is being transformed into Manhattan South, and it started with the whole MetroTech project (which was supposed to resemble Silicon Valley initially, but never came to fruition).....

Keep it up, and the 4 boroughs are going to eventually resemble suburbs - The (urban) suburbs of Manhattan.

DUMBO itself, it still has too grungy a feel to it for my tastes - especially the closer you get to the bridge/Vinegar Hill.... Even though I miss downtown brooklyn when it was "hood", they did do a nice job with the aesthetic appeal to/of the area..... Guess we have DUMBO to thank for the existence of the B25 - because without it, the MTA was going to cut that route back in 2010....

Truth be told, as a Brooklynite, I don't like much of Brooklyn these days... The borough is in DESPERATE need of serious infrastructure improvements as in new development. Too many run down old buildings that are well past their time.  Unfortunately a lot of areas have become overhyped.  Brooklyn Heights has always been "The Upper East Side of Brooklyn", with its charming brownstones and overall family-oriented upper middle class feel.  That area, along with Bay Ridge are two areas that seem to have kept their charm over all of these years and are CLEAN.  A lot of Brooklyn looks quite dirty these days which is why I have a hard time seeing myself moving back.  The two areas I mentioned are the only two I would consider, and since Brooklyn Heights would involve the subway, Bay Ridge would win since it has the X27 7 days a week.  I try to go down there at least once or twice a month and relax along Shore Rd and enjoy the beautiful mansions and sunsets, and I re-connect with my Brooklyn roots. One of the last old school Brooklyn neighborhoods left that haven't been overrun by hipsters. 

Truth be told, as a Brooklynite, I don't like much of Brooklyn these days... The borough is in DESPERATE need of serious infrastructure improvements as in new development. Too many run down old buildings that are well past their time.  Unfortunately a lot of areas have become overhyped.  Brooklyn Heights has always been "The Upper East Side of Brooklyn", with its charming brownstones and overall family-oriented upper middle class feel.  That area, along with Bay Ridge are two areas that seem to have kept their charm over all of these years and are CLEAN.  A lot of Brooklyn looks quite dirty these days which is why I have a hard time seeing myself moving back.  The two areas I mentioned are the only two I would consider, and since Brooklyn Heights would involve the subway, Bay Ridge would win since it has the X27 7 days a week.  I try to go down there at least once or twice a month and relax along Shore Rd and I re-connect with my Brooklyn roots. One of the last old school Brooklyn neighborhoods left that haven't been overrun by hipsters. 

No argument from me; When you get transients calling native NY-ers not real NY-ers, we have a bit of a problem.... Culture shock (as its called) is being felt by the latter far more so than the former.... I eventually wanna move out of NYC anyway... I don't like the direction it's heading towards, and I'm not referring to simple gentrification either.... Big picture, what's (or who's) being catered to is the uber rich folks... Millionaires & the like, and all these hipsters & tourists that are moving/migrating here don't even realize it.... Guess they will enjoy it while they can, because eventually they will be priced out - just like current (and/or "native") middle class NY-ers are, with enough of them moving to places like FL, NC, and TX (None of which I'm ever stepping foot in (again, for FL & NC - since I've been to those states before))....

Smaller picture.... The overbuilding (of condos/luxury apartments) has long gotten annoying.... Nobody's moving into these f***ing things, and the way I see it, these bldg's are gonna remain vacant for years to come.

No argument from me; When you get transients calling native NY-ers not real NY-ers, we have a bit of a problem.... Culture shock (as its called) is being felt by the latter far more so than the former.... I eventually wanna move out of NYC anyway... I don't like the direction it's heading towards, and I'm not referring to simple gentrification either.... Big picture, what's (or who's) being catered to is the uber rich folks... Millionaires & the like, and all these hipsters & tourists that are moving/migrating here don't even realize it.... Guess they will enjoy it while they can, because eventually they will be priced out - just like current (and/or "native") middle class NY-ers are, with enough of them moving to places like FL, NC, and TX (None of which I'm ever stepping foot in (again, for FL & NC - since I've been to those states before))....

Smaller picture.... The overbuilding (of condos/luxury apartments) has long gotten annoying.... Nobody's moving into these f***ing things, and the way I see it, these bldg's are gonna remain vacant for years to come.

Yes because they're extremely overpriced to begin with.  Tons of them along Emmons Avenue.  The problem is developers have to build luxury buildings in order to recoup their investment because land is so expensive these days so it's either luxury or nothing.  I don't foresee myself leaving NYC yet only because I love the neighborhood I currently live in and have been looking at buildings with the plan to buy down the road, but should that change, I could see myself leaving NYC and moving to Westchester.   Just about all of my family has moved out of NYC and onto NJ. I'm one of the holdouts.  I like suburban like living, but am not into NJ.  I do agree though that the city is becoming more bland by the day, but at the same time as a NYer, I still like what it has to offer in terms of amenities.

DUMBO lol what a name. What does that stand for?

Those former streetcar tracks are a cool part of history still around.

Down under (the) manhattan bridge overpass.....

There's another acronym for the surrounding area called RAMBO, which stands for Right after (the) manhattan bridge overpass....

DUMBO is where the tourists & hipsters are flocking to, and encompasses a larger area.... RAMBO is basically nothing...

Archived