LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

been watching this thread for a little bit I went to an open house on May 7th for lirr locomotive engineer trainee. i took the test and passed also went for an interview that same day. but I haven't heard anything back since. I looked at the career website and it still says in process does that even mean anything? any ideas of what I should do? or sit back and wait even more. do they send out letters or emails if they pass you up even tho u passed?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/4/2024 at 1:10 PM, Mixer85 said:

been watching this thread for a little bit I went to an open house on May 7th for lirr locomotive engineer trainee. i took the test and passed also went for an interview that same day. but I haven't heard anything back since. I looked at the career website and it still says in process does that even mean anything? any ideas of what I should do? or sit back and wait even more. do they send out letters or emails if they pass you up even tho u passed?

They seem to send emails.  I know, because I got one and it was a rejection email from attending an open house in late 2022.  But DON'T lose hope though, they may still send you an invite to the Signals and Definitions overview.  Also, in my case, my application for the LET from last year still reads as "Applied", so they didn't even look at it apparently  meanwhile they've been running open houses for months so at least you're still in process, which is more encouraging than being ignored like my application seems to have been.

Also the LIRR works in a way that's difficult to figure out at times, but I hope you get the go ahead for the next step.  As you have seen, it's gonna be alot of studying but I'm sure you'll get there 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

16 hours ago, Red5Xwing said:

They seem to send emails.  I know, because I got one and it was a rejection email from attending an open house in late 2022.  But DON'T lose hope though, they may still send you an invite to the Signals and Definitions overview.  Also, in my case, my application for the LET from last year still reads as "Applied", so they didn't even look at it apparently  meanwhile they've been running open houses for months so at least you're still in process, which is more encouraging than being ignored like my application seems to have been.

Also the LIRR works in a way that's difficult to figure out at times, but I hope you get the go ahead for the next step.  As you have seen, it's gonna be alot of studying but I'm sure you'll get there 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

thanks a lot appreciate the good news..... lol I work for Hudson Bergen Light Rail in Jersey, and the commute is killing me that's the only reason I want to switch. I did a lot of studying for this job but nothing to compare to lirr. but I can only give it my best shot and see how it goes. thanks again for the response.

7 hours ago, Mixer85 said:

thanks a lot appreciate the good news..... lol I work for Hudson Bergen Light Rail in Jersey, and the commute is killing me that's the only reason I want to switch. I did a lot of studying for this job but nothing to compare to lirr. but I can only give it my best shot and see how it goes. thanks again for the response.

You're welcome!! And Good luck I hope you make it to the end👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

1 hour ago, JTTMI2020 said:

Chris is a good dude. I was just part of his class that just graduated. He will steer you in the right direction.

Yea he seems great so far giving us so much info what I have done is I got down the verbatim by rule numbers the red ones and then the Important black rules like horns buzzers and what not, and now going through all the homework packets to be familiar with the questions and answers 

anybody know if they are having anymore classes? i am still waiting I was apart of the Locomotive Engineer Trainee Recruitment Event on Tuesday, May 7, 2024 but still haven't heard anything its a shame as I actually have rail background. but it is what it is.