LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

3 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

You have an average accumulated all the way from the open house to getting into the program. They don’t tell you how you scored in the cognitive. I know I passed the synonyms with 42/42 because they had that in front of them. I could see my score on top of the paper. The other parts i don’t know how I scored. I guess pretty high since I made it into the program.  That’s why you have to sell yourself in the interview. As for who they pick to move forward. I’m not sure. I passed, they said “IF” selected I would get a email with the next few weeks. I got the email the next day inviting me to the signals and definition. 

So you can score low and still get into the program as long as your interview is fine?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 2ride said:

So you can score low and still get into the program as long as your interview is fine?

An invitation to the next step is good. Anything can happen from open house, signals and def to the panel interview. There people in this forum who made it to the panel and got a thank you for applying letters later on. But those who score higher in the cognitive test and pass the interview will move faster than those that score less. The invitation for signals and definition should be high. After they see the amount of work that needs to studied. People start dropping like flies. They usually 30-50 people to signals And Def. For the test date after usually around 20 show up and about 10 pass to the next phase. 

Edited by drenyce311

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I attended my overview on May 9th, and was called first for the interview. Is that a good sign? After the interview the HR lady told me she was recommending me for signals and definitions. What should I expect moving forward?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2024 at 4:01 AM, XChronosX said:

I attended my overview on May 9th, and was called first for the interview. Is that a good sign? After the interview the HR lady told me she was recommending me for signals and definitions. What should I expect moving forward?

Did you get an invite to S and D yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to know why my application from February of last year still says "applied", especially since they're running open houses.  Hard not to feel ignored especially since I've been trying to get this job since the late 2000s literally.

23 hours ago, Red5Xwing said:

I'd really like to know why my application from February of last year still says "applied", especially since they're running open houses.  Hard not to feel ignored especially since I've been trying to get this job since the late 2000s literally.

While I haven’t experienced this, I have heard that going in person and asking is the best thing to do. They could have misplaced paperwork or something. 

54 minutes ago, 30Bruins said:

While I haven’t experienced this, I have heard that going in person and asking is the best thing to do. They could have misplaced paperwork or something. 

They do a lot of shit like this on purpose and then say it isn’t their fault. You must be new to MTA as this isn’t the first time you have people complain or encounter problems with lazy HR.

17 hours ago, 30Bruins said:

Oh ok, I'll see if I can find where to go in that.  Thanks!

On 6/3/2024 at 9:13 AM, 2ride said:

They do a lot of shit like this on purpose and then say it isn’t their fault. You must be new to MTA as this isn’t the first time you have people complain or encounter problems with lazy HR.

I am yeah. I just know that other people tried that so… thought I’d suggest it too!

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

A phase 2 just started on 7/10/24. Next class graduates at the end of September. So I’m assuming late August (If there isn’t one happening already). Next class after graduates late November or early December. Also a lot of trainees are dropping out like flies. Either failing out, quitting or fired. Just keep studying to those on the program now. 

Edited by drenyce311

On 7/27/2024 at 12:11 PM, drenyce311 said:

A phase 2 just started on 7/10/24. Next class graduates at the end of September. So I’m assuming late August (If there isn’t one happening already). Next class after graduates late November or early December. Also a lot of trainees are dropping out like flies. Either failing out, quitting or fired. Just keep studying to those on the program now. 

Thank you so much for replying I have been hearing all kinds of rumors circling around of people saying they heard rumors that we won’t know till 4 months or so. This kinda cleared my head to know when to possibly expect to hear something 

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

Thank you so much for replying I have been hearing all kinds of rumors circling around of people saying they heard rumors that we won’t know till 4 months or so. This kinda cleared my head to know when to possibly expect to hear something 

How many people would you say attended your test.

1 minute ago, dman1455 said:

I was in the June 28th test session, we had about 13 take the test lol.

Damnnn well hopefully they are getting classes ready for the people who passed, hopefully we will both be called soon for that good luck with everything if you get into phase 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I’ve been seeing people say that they got a call today 8/23/24 regarding the locomotive engineer exam, they said they were called for the interview next week. I have yet to revive a call and I’m very confident I passed, but not getting a call has me double thinking now. Or could it be that they are backlogged with so many people to call   

20 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So I’ve been seeing people say that they got a call today 8/23/24 regarding the locomotive engineer exam, they said they were called for the interview next week. I have yet to revive a call and I’m very confident I passed, but not getting a call has me double thinking now. Or could it be that they are backlogged with so many people to call   

There’s a class about graduate in mid September. They should’ve called everyone for the next phase 1 class already. Right now we have 585 on the roster. The number they want is 600 engineers. This might be the class that fills the gap. I don’t know.  Me personally they never reach that much. In the next 4 years, they’re expecting high numbers of retirees. 

Edited by drenyce311

1 hour ago, drenyce311 said:

There’s a class about graduate in mid September. They should’ve called everyone for the next phase 1 class already. Right now we have 585 on the roster. The number they want is 600 engineers. This might be the class that fills the gap. I don’t know.  Me personally they never reach that much. In the next 4 years, they’re expecting high numbers of retirees. 

Well from what I heard they started calling people today I just hope I get a call soon and wow they want 600 on the roster let’s see what happens from here on out