Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

10 hours ago, Jemorie said:

Whatever. I’m not active as often as I use to anyways.

TL;DR: 207 Barn does not have the Capacity to Maintain a 10 Car Train. 

11 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Especially ENYD

…Which has me thinking. We know that the (MTA) wants to Activate CBTC on 8th Avenue. The 211 Contract might not be complete by the time of 8th Avenue CBTC’s expected Date of Implementation. 207th Yard does not have the Capacity to *Maintain 10 Car Trains, and we know that ENY has a surplus of Rolling Stock. IF it doesn’t negatively impact (J)(Z) and (M) Service, why not transfer some cars from ENY > 207 to fill the Quota for NTT’s on the (C) in time for 8th Avenue CBTC? IK that some 8 Car 179’s have also done CBTC Testing and School Car on Queens Blvd, (witnessed one pass by me one night when performing Signal Maintenance in the 53rd Street Tube, although for the latter reason)

Ultimately, that Decision is up to the Higher Ups at Car Equipment.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, LGA Link N Train said:

TL;DR: 207 Barn does not have the Capacity to Maintain a 10 Car Train. 

…Which has me thinking. We know that the (MTA) wants to Activate CBTC on 8th Avenue. The 211 Contract might not be complete by the time of 8th Avenue CBTC’s expected Date of Implementation. 207th Yard does not have the Capacity to *Maintain 10 Car Trains, and we know that ENY has a surplus of Rolling Stock. IF it doesn’t negatively impact (J)(Z) and (M) Service, why not transfer some cars from ENY > 207 to fill the Quota for NTT’s on the (C) in time for 8th Avenue CBTC? IK that some 8 Car 179’s have also done CBTC Testing and School Car on Queens Blvd, (witnessed one pass by me one night when performing Signal Maintenance in the 53rd Street Tube, although for the latter reason)

Ultimately, that Decision is up to the Higher Ups at Car Equipment.

R160s are capable for CBTC. 

1 hour ago, The TransitMan said:

As of yesterday, it was paired with 5600-5603 on the W, then sent to Coney Island Yard.

I think either 5600-5598 or 5602-5604. 5603 is between 5602-5604

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2024 at 10:33 PM, darkstar8983 said:

Have there been any new Coney Island —> Concourse transfers? (I.e 2776-2779 / 2780-2783), or Coney Island R46 retirements aside from 5550-5553

That set is retired? Makes sense. That was the incident train from the 36th St in Brooklyn.

Edited by The TransitMan

• 2 weeks later...

6026-6029, 6170-6173 are back at Pitkin Yard after being at Coney Island but for inspection. 

Also, extra single units at Westchester can be rotated for passenger service: a spare 5-car set is formed at Westchester Yard, (6) :  1901-1938-1959-1926-1942

Summer refuse units for this year: 1902, 1903, 1904, 1905, 1924, 1954, 1957, 1958, 1960

Edited by Calvin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...