Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this info is also going to be in an upcoming ERA bulletin as well as elsewhere, but the official car assignments have changed to reflect R32s running only on the A line alongside R46s and R179s, with the C being a mix of R46s and R179s.

As it happens occasionally with changes to car assignments for various operational and bureaucratic reasons, sometimes it takes a while for what actually takes place on the road to catch up to the changes in car assignments. But given that the official car assignments denote zero R32s on the C, I'd say get your R32 C rides in now while you can I guess. 

Edited by Dj Hammers

26 minutes ago, SimplyMyself said:

Awww boo-hoo. Seriously though, if (R) riders can deal with them for 25+ years, I’m sure you can deal with them for less than five. 

The (R) doesn’t have the ridership necessary to justify 60’ cars.

if it’s the R68s then maybe I’ll swallow my pride, or even the R32s\R42s, but not the R46s. Those cars are death traps

Edited by darkstar8983

50 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

I’m gonna have to start using the (R) to Steinway Street now, followed by a 1.5 mile walk. The (W) took about an hour to come this evening. Damn R46s

I'm just waiting for the day when the (N) and (W) are entirely R46s and R68s, so that you complain about how the (MTA) stranded you in Astoria or Midtown, and everyone else can have a good laugh at the idiocy.

3 minutes ago, P3F said:

I'm just waiting for the day when the (N) and (W) are entirely R46s and R68s, so that you complain about how the (MTA) stranded you in Astoria or Midtown, and everyone else can have a good laugh at the idiocy.

👎🏻

I’ll be taking this to a legal level (the car swap).

And by The way, that’s really rude and malicious of you 

Edited by darkstar8983

12 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

👎🏻

I’ll be taking this to a legal level (the car swap).

And by The way, that’s really rude and malicious of you 

That is ridiculous. There is more important issues such as lack of elevators, terrible working environments etc and you're going to sue the agency over the car assignments?

Yeah something is wrong with that.

Good grief! I voice my opinion and everyone gathers the pitchforks but others voice and all is calm with the world.

anyways, changing topics, it’s almost time for this supposed CBTC launch. I wonder if the launch will be as on time as the (7) was (99% complete since 2015 and activated in 2019)

Edited by darkstar8983

18 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

Good grief! I voice my opinion and everyone gathers the pitchforks but others voice and all is calm with the world

The thing its really petty and childish for a grown man to pass up multiple trains consisting of an car class you don't like to ride an NTT. Its fine to do that while railfanning but doing it during your commute is just silly. The average commuter wouldn't even think to do that. NOTHING is wrong with liking NTT over old equipment, I'm pretty sure the average rider prefers New Techs over SMEE cars but their not gonna pass up an train just because its consist of older cars.

1 hour ago, darkstar8983 said:

The (R) doesn’t have the ridership necessary to justify 60’ cars.

if it’s the R68s then maybe I’ll swallow my pride, or even the R32s\R42s, but not the R46s. Those cars are death traps

This comment screams "I have NO clue what I'm talking about".